Thursday, July 27, 2006

Update - land of interviews

Things have been busy, between calling and networking, and tons of interviewing.

I have had some really awesome interviews, and one or two of them are bound to produce a job offer for me from all indications. No counting of chickens before they're hatched, however. Keep your fingers crossed, gang!

Tomorrow, Heather is going out of town with Michelle. Ben is going to have a guy's day/night on Saturday with barbeque and sports, karaoke and video games, poker, pizza, lots of beer, and good times. I also have a second interview tomorrow, so it's a very exciting day.

Nothing else of note to report so far - I'm rather glad things are quiet on the drama fronts. I can't handle all that bullshit at the moment, it adds stress. Nix and I found "Forever Evil: Director's Cut" yesterday at CD Warehouse. He is lucky I didn't have funds on me, because I grabbed it first. Well, "lucky" might not be the word - apparently, it's crap. Not TLSP levels of crap, but definitely on the same level of your Dawn of the Mummy type movies. Apparently.

(Forever Evil is a movie put out by the same video company that did The Last Slumber Party, and they even show a clip of the movie in TLSP. Nice!)

Speaking of crappy cinema, Nix and I had a little preliminary screening of Night Of Horror. Jesus tap-dancing Christ it is bad. Bad film quality, horrible audio, dull and uber-draggy plot and dialogue, non-existent acting. One thing I noticed going in is that unlike The Last Slumber Party, the shitty video quality stays the same and doesn't change every scene. And as poor as the lighting is, it's still THERE and not as bright at times as in Steven Tyler's "opus" of crud. Tony Malinowski, you are definitely a contender here, but I'm thinking Tyler's going to trump you. We shall see.

@Heather: I hope you ladies have a good time in Branson. Don't have too much fun without me, babe. I love you.

Oh, and my birthday is coming up in less than a month. Although this year it is on a Sunday, I am tentatively* making plans for a big party over here on Saturday night, August 19th. Quill Day is once again coming. It'll start around 5, we'll have the usual food spread, music, drinks, all around fun. Be there.

*tentatively meaning that nothing solid is planned, except that there WILL be a party in some capacity to celebrate my birthday on August 19th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix