Saturday, October 29, 2005

Take a moment to search your mind.

Pick out the absolute best concert or show you've ever been to. If you can't pick just one, pick all the top concerts you've been to.

Then, shove them all up your ass; because Gravity Kills makes your favorite show(s) look like an out-of-tune and mediocre high school marching band. And yes, I am serious.

There are some that would either refute this claim, or wave it off because they think/"know" they know better. These people have no idea what a good concert is.

I've been to countless concerts and shows, and while they've all been awesome in their own right, NONE of them even comes close to the intensity and drive that I've seen from Gravity Kills when they hit the stage. Stabbing Westward, KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails, Metallica, Fear Factory - and any other band you could possibly name - are pretty much nothing in comparison.

There's a deal in the works where Gravity Kills might just make this show an annual deal - which means every year, the music industry itself will again have a pinnacle to make up for all of the other lower concerts and bands.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

I didn't say all the other bands "suck".

I said they fall short in comparison. Which is completely true.

Love you, babe!

:)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

P.S. You ARE right about one thing - it doesn't mean other people's bands "suck".

However, they ARE all below the level that Gravity Kills is on.

5:00 PM  
Blogger NixEclips said...

Well, dude, after seeing some of the bands you've listed above and many others in my 31 years, I truly believe I absolutely CAN name one band that would blow anyone away.

Mr. Bungle.

I could use words like jaw-dropping and intense and boundless energy.

But nothing would ever come close to describing the show I was witness to in L.A.

Unfortunately, we'll never have the chance for each of us to compare the two live, since Bungle has since dispersed, with Patton off doing his hundreds of side projects. (and I think his mere output per year and running a label and producing and, and, and...speaks volumes for this guy's talent)

Nix says: But I'm sure it was a great show. They were good when they were supposed to "open" for SW.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix