Sunday, October 23, 2005

...some cheese to go with your wine (whine)...

There's a perfectly good inside joke that's associated with the title/content of this blog and general 'group' events. Let's just say there's lots of complaining going on lately...

Life insurance, health insurance, and all that other stuff is set up the way it is for this reason and this reason only:

If you can have the patience to fill all that out, and actually manage to understand it...congratulations, you just earned life/health insurance.


But seriously, folks...wow, this'll be my third post for today.

Right now I sit on my computer, blogging and surfing, and my lovely wife sits at her computer, talking to me and doing much the same. If you had told me this was gonna be my life back in high school, I wouldn't have believed it.

It's been a strange ride since then. Barely passing high school - well, that's a lie. I did okay; could've done a lot better, just didn't try. Junior college (Meramec) - got a bit more serious, but not as serious as I should've been. Gotta say, I didn't really start getting serious-minded about my "future" until I started dating Heather.

Something about her changed who I wanted to be. Before that, my primary concern was just hanging out. I guess her presence jump-started me. Made me want more for me. Made me actually believe in trying for something higher. And that belief continued in my working out; in my job search; in everything. It's still happening today.

It's hard to believe that another person could have that kind of an effect on you, until it happens. I've told her all this before - told other people, too - but I dunno if she knows just how important she is to me.

Without her, I probably wouldn't be the "grown-up" that I am today. I wouldn't have made it through the struggle I dealt with trying to find a "real" job on zero experience and just my degree. I love her so very much. I want to put it another way; say it in a manner that would come off much more powerful and important than just "I love her so very much" - but I just can't find the words. (And those who really know me for real know that being at a loss for words is NOT my M.O. at all.)

Heather, at the risk of sounding incredible cliche and completely romantical (as my friend Tom phrases it) - thank you. I love you, and thank you. You really are my best friend, my soul-mate. I could not have done any of this without you, and that's the truth. You complete me. (Okay, that was pushing it. Sorry.)

Just know that you are the most wonderful person in my life.


Quilled Tunes: "Me And You" - Kenny Chesney

2 Comments:

Blogger NixEclips said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Please see the blog following this one for my response. Thank you, come again.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix