Monday, September 27, 2004

...self-reflection, part 1...

Well, the trip to Springfield went well. I got to see several people from the old swords group, and it was a pretty cool wedding, too. Props to Tom for the all-red tuxedo, and the swords.

Now for a bit of self-reflection. Why do I make smart-ass comments and spin insults and jokes? Many would say that I need to break others down, to build myself up. Others would say that I’m just an asshole…

Unfortunately for me, the answer is less delibrate. The simple fact of the matter is, I have the ‘foot in mouth’ affliction. I think of something that seems clever or funny in the way insults can be, and it spills out of my mouth. Because of this, I seem cruel or cold. I really don’t intend to offend or hurt anyone’s feelings, I just don’t think before I speak. Yes, I’m well aware that thinking before you speak is important; and yes, I am further aware that just spouting out insults and taking shots can be seen as immature. However, many that complain about this are people who have known me (or claim to know me) for years. The insults are one of the few things that has remained consistent in my every day personality, so why would people not get that? I mean, come on, really…how long does it take to figure out something so obvious?

Here’s my point, in case it was lost or missed: The things I say insult-wise are in no way meant to attack or hurt anyone. If and when they do, call me on it, and I will make apologies for it.

There will be more self-reflection in future posts.

Quote of the Blog: “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mohandas Gandhi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix