Thursday, September 23, 2004

...blogging is tearing us apart; can we stop that?...

I have decided that blogging may be an outlet, but you can’t really vent your real feelings without consequences. I thought these were journals…

Anyway, in all seriousness…I’m seriously considering stopping my voicing of opinions (at least those opinions that can be harped upon) in my blog. I don’t really like that idea, as I enjoy venting here, but it’s something that can never be done without consequences it seems.

I’m beginning to think that maybe the threats to freedom of speech started with the people in today’s society. Yeah, that sounds about right. We did it. We started denying each other freedom of speech, getting pissed at what we post or say, and just look what it blossomed into.

I feel--no, I KNOW--that we should all just...allow each other to freely vent on our own blogs, without getting pissed about it. I have resigned myself to that. Can the rest of you? Because someone very wise beyond her years said to me: "This blogging thing is tearing beautiful friendships apart." She is truly smarter than the rest of us, I swear.

Bug-Juice used to be all about a huge group of friends. Things happened, and some people don't get along like they used to; but that doesn't mean the whole idea of BugJuice is dead. Sure, we don't hang like we all used to, but that doesn't mean the idea, the wonderful idea, of our old group should be forgotten. But it's been dying ever since 1997, right under everyone's eyes. Now, this blogging thing is causing even more tension and conflict. "Beautiful friendships." Life was better in high school because there are more high school games being played now than were ever played then.

I will make a deal with everyone. We all agree that blogs are public forums, right? Well, blogs are also personal journals. As such, they give way to vents created in anger, and vents with the purpose of putting thought to words. Why we all do this, when we know people could get pissed, I can't say...maybe we're all stupid that way. But to all on the Council and in BugJuice and anywhere else: Go ahead and post whatever you want about me, if I piss you off. In turn, I will be allowed to vent my feelings in the open of my blog/journal. And we will handle any descrepencies or disagreements resulting from them outside the blogs and in a mutual manner.

Let's start picking up the pieces and giving ourselves back the freedom of speech.

Apologies to everyone I ever gave crap to for venting in their own personal blogs/journals. I know that I have already gained one estrangement from this; perhaps others.

Andrea apologized for her angry rantings. That’s good that she did that. I hope that any other conflicts spawned from that are resolved as easily for her.

I have added the Killer Meatloaf blog to the links section, which I am a part of. Several other blogs have been linked in the last few days, too.

Speaking of Meatloaf…I am very glad that Scott and T-Bob are involving me. I mean, it certainly is my every right to be involved, as Attack of the Killer Meatloaf was MY idea in the first place…but that didn’t need to be mentioned, they just invited me out of that respect. I like that. It’s nice to be respected in that manner.

Quote of the Blog: “A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.” – Emo Philips

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad when we can't say what we want to say out of fear of percicution, whether it be law or any other kind. One must remember that perserving the friendship sometimes means swallowing our anger. Anger only lasts a little while, but friendship could last forever. Mutual agreement may work in your instance, but I would still be careful what you say. You never know when your going into cross some one's invisible line.....

Just a word of advice....

6:52 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Dude, what the fuck is going on here?

"I'll strike you a deal. If you let me speak my mind, I'll let you speak yours."

They already are. You can speak the truth about someone all you want and never have a problem until it's something negative. It could still be truthful, but shut the fuck up anyway. I can't believe the lengths people go to just to censor others. I'm sorry you felt you had to do this.

As of Meatloaf, there was no way it would've gotten done without you anyway. I know this is gonna sound gay, but when we started talking about it the first thing I thought was, "Steve is gonna be pretty excited".

11:04 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Hey, the bigger person stepped forward, okay man? I didn't feel I had to do that shit either, but sometimes being an adult means doing stuff like that. You know that as well as I do; plus, like anyone else was going to say something like that.

Don't worry, I will most definitely say what is on my mind. All the above means is I won't bitch about what others say anymore, like some people we know.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

...and no, that wasn't implying you, Scott.

12:02 PM  
Blogger NixEclips said...

I have to admit...I just stumbled into this whole blog thing. So anything I post on someone else's site may have no relevance or point of reference. It's just 1) it's upsetting to see a group of friends of years going at each other like that. 2) I always feel that if there is something pissing you off about what someone has done to you that you should "talk" to that person.
You guys can do what you want. I am the last person who should walk in the room and tell you how to deal with your issues.
But from what I know...This group deserves more than public bitching and moaning.
You need to come together and actually TALK THINGS OUT.
What have you been through together? And how long have you been with eachother?
We all have emotions and feelings. The best way to keep them from being hurt is to share them with those that you care for.

Nix says: I guess I have to put this on my blog, too.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Daniel C. said...

I agree with everything Nix just said...

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix