Friday, September 24, 2004

...I don't know what to title this blog...

I just want to say that Heather was the person that I quoted to have said, “This blogging thing is tearing beautiful friendships apart.” I wanted to give her that credit, because she very well deserves it.

This weekend, myself, Heather, and Dave are venturing down to Springfield for my friend Tom’s wedding. We leave tonight between 7 and 8 (hopefully closer to 7; it’s a long-ass drive down there.) Then, Saturday is the wedding, and then we come back to St. Louis that night. Brutal trip, but satisfying nonetheless.

Friendship is very important to me. Yes, I know I have come to odds with some that I used to be very close to; and, unfortunately, things are fubar’d to the point where it’s highly doubtful for repair. But, every step of the way, I regretted losing it. I only severed ties because while I valued it, I wasn’t going to allow myself to be walked all over. But, to any and all friendships which I have either lost or dropped, for whatever reasons, I say: thank you for being there all those times. Thank you for everything you did for me.

And to all the friendships that I still retain, I say thank you, for everything you’ve done for me in the past or present.

There is some question over whether I had to say what I said on my last blog. No, I didn't have to say anything like that. No, I didn't owe anyone an apology for anything that I've said in my blog. So why did I do it? Because no one else involved in the conflicts was going to say it. So, I took the initiative and did something mature and adult. It's sad that the person who shouldn't be apologizing for anything has to be the first one to stand up and apologize and advocate and end to all the bitching.

The Killer Meatloaf blog is up. Go and check it out, won’t you?

Quote of the Blog: “I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.” – Thomas A. Edison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix