Wednesday, September 29, 2004

...an odd dream I had...

I don’t often remember my dreams in great detail. This morning, I did…

Dream Sequence:

Prelude: I’m doing yard work at a house that I don’t recognize, but looks like it’s in South St. Louis City. Two girls, which I somehow KNOW are lesbians, come out and make small talk with me. They hint at having me come in and join them for fun, and I drop my work and follow them. Next thing I know, they disrobe and I start to do stuff to one of the girls. All of a sudden, the girls turn into Heather and her friend, Michelle. End prelude.

First scene: I’m walking throughout various rooms in a large house. There’s a large storm going on outside, the kind you see in cheesy horror flicks. Several computer monitors are up, in a set-up reminiscent of the old “Battleship” game. All of a sudden, a ship on the monitors just disappears in a huge circle of fire, like an explosion or something. I think, “God, I hope that wasn’t Heather’s ship…”

Second scene: A huge war-type battle is going on. Explosions are going off all over around a large cruiser ship, and it looks like a scene from Independence Day. Heather and some guy who I can only assume is the captain are being knocked around, all of a sudden, everything goes dark. Next thing I know, I’m peering down into the water at the sunken ship, which is somehow just a few feet under the surface, and Heather is pinned under a large object next to the captain. I reach out to her, wanting to life the debris off of her with all my strength. Again, everything goes dark…

Third scene: I’m walking down the ruins of the inside of this ship. The ship is now landlocked and on it’s side, as if the mother of all hurricanes took place and changed the face of the earth. The inside of the ship is long and I spend what feels like hours walking through it. I’m thinking of what the hell I can do or should do now that everything is gone. I try to figure out if it was the wars or the weather that did all of this. There are no people around; whether it was the result of the escalating war that sunk the ship or some uber-natural disaster, everything around me is post-apocalyptic. I am suddenly outside, about a mile or two from the ship. I turn around and finally see the massive size of the ship, and it sends chills down my spine. I think of Heather, and how much I love her, and I scream out at a seemingly dead world that doesn’t hear me. I start to cross a bridge, which looks like it’s falling apart at the seams. I fear that it might give way before I get to the other side. I am reminded about the arrival at the city of Lud in Stephen King’s Dark Tower series. Instead of walking along the bridge, I’m simply crossing over it, perpendicular-like.

End sequence.

I’m going to try to find an interpretation of this dream. It’s odd enough that I even remember it in detail, much less the content of the dream. Perhaps it means something…

The Journal Troll says: BLOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

(My apologies for seeming like a copycat, Scott.)

Quote of the Blog: “I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake.” – Rene Descartes

6 Comments:

Blogger Daniel C. said...

Hey! You stole my troll quote... Dork!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Dude, I don't care what you post. It's your blog. Do as you wish.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice that you are dreaming about other women and actually doing shit with them :)

Heather

7:56 PM  
Blogger NixEclips said...

Nix says: Dreams are hauntings in our heads.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Heather: It was just a dream, baby...you know you're the only one for me. *KISS*

Scott: I know dude, I just didn't want to seem like I was copying.

Question: I'm sorry for doing the troll thing...I just thought it would be something for you and I to laugh about later.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Shark said...

Look I know that we all enjoy eating pizza at 2:15am and passing out in our own jucies but enough is enough.Put the peanut butter and onion pizza down and back away from the tv.It will all be ok just go with the nice men in the white jackets to their "special room" that is made up just for you all special like;)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix