Monday, September 13, 2004

...an epic tale, and I hate cock-blockers...

Sleep is a good thing. I used to think it was expendable, but not anymore.

Recap: Friday: I was up at 6 am, did the work thing, went out with Heather for dinner at Giannino’s (sp?) and saw “Paparazzi” (an excellent movie, btw), and then to my parents’ house. Saturday: didn’t sleep (couldn’t for some reason), waterproofed the back deck, stayed awake, hung with Beaver and Hizzy for dinner, spent the rest of the night with the guys, drinking A LOT of alcohol. Finally went to bed around 4 am. That adds up to about 46 hours straight of being awake. I know people in the military do that like it’s nothing, but they do it on a regular basis, so they’re used to it. I could easily do it if I was used to it, but I’m not, so IT SUCKED!

Sunday was difficult because my exhausted body still needed to catch up on its rest, and I was struggling. I feel better this morning.

Heather: I love you, baby. I’m glad you had fun at the party. Too bad I didn’t get to see your autograph, though. Oh well, I’m sure they’ll be pictures. He he.

Vince, Corey: Sorry I wasn’t at O’Leary’s the other night, I’m going to recap the reason why in a second. Also, sorry we didn’t call (for after you read this); too much drinking + other things of concern = people unfortunately don’t get called.

Someone that Joe knows named Andy is a MAJOR cock-block. Another recap:

Saturday, upon arrival at Joe’s, it was Joe, Scuba, Beaver, and me. We played the “Choices” game until 9 pm, shortly after Scott arrived. Scuba and Beaver were sent on a beer run, and brought back a 20 and a 12 of Bud-Light, and some “munchies” in the form of chips. (FYI, if you’re going to buy food for drinking, chips are NOT the way to go; sandwiches, pizzas, fuck, anything filling, but not chips.) The drinking began. Scott and I were responsible for much of the dent put in the 32 beers. Scott obviously more than me, but when I set my mind to it, I can keep pretty good pace with Scott (he admits this, fyi). DeLarbar showed up. We spent a good hour ripping on him. Scott and I HAVE to do some kind of show; radio shows, a TV show, something. It was absolutely hilarious. (And because she’ll want mention, Hizzy would be the “Robin Quivers” of our radio show.) This guy that Joe knows, named Andy, calls Joe on his cell and says that he’s with a bachelorette party, and he’s bringing them back to Joe’s. Now, save for Scott and I, it was all single guys. So, of course, we cleaned and re-stocked the alcohol supply. Dave showed up at this point, and he got some more ‘foo-foo’ beer and some wine (good call, btw, Dave…your pimp-hand is strong, young jedi) for the cause. What cause you ask? The noble cause of getting Joe some action. Beaver, too. And, yeah, the other guys. But mainly thinking about Joe, because it’s his place, and Beaver, because that guy needs some play. Scott and I were excited only because, hey, it WAS a pretty fucking cool thing to have happening, and since these chicks were apparently d-r-u-n-k (as Joe put it, ‘primed and ready’), we both figured it might prove for some wild entertainment…

Well, Andy dropped the fucking ball. This party had 18 females in it; how in the fuck do you lose ALL 18 ‘primed and ready’ girls in the mood to party? Plus, you don’t just do that; you don’t just call a room full of mostly single men and promise them girls if you’re not going to actually deliver. That’s a whole other form of cocktease. I really feel for Joe, Scuba, Beaver, Chris, and Dave. That has to suck. At least Scott and I didn’t need to depend on the situation for some female-time, but them…God, I can only imagine. Andy, you are a goddamned prick. Because of you, not only did we not have any women, but we ended up watching Batman: The Movie starring Adam West and Burt Ward. That’s Saturday night’s situation equivalent to having to jerk-off after missing out on sex: normally something that would be amusing, if not for the fact that it’s the obvious second choice to what COULD have been going on!! We did take some pictures with the intent on goofing on Andy’s stupidity; Scuba didn’t give them to Joe before he left for the weekend, so they’ll be up on Joe’s site www.gimbie.net as soon as we can get them.

Andy: all shall now know you as “Cock-Blocker”. IF you ever started coming around and hanging out, your nickname would rival “Pussy Viking” in terms of lameness and ridicule. And with our group, it WILL be used in as MUCH ridicule as humanly possible. This would be unfair if it was just my view on it, but this is undoubtedly the group consensus here.

About Chris DeLarbar: the guy is hilarious. He’s like an endless source of material for Scott and I. It’s bad enough when it’s ONE of us, either Scott, OR me, but Saturday night was classic. To his credit, Chris DeLarbar is a good guy, a good friend, and has a decent head on his shoulders. But, he’s also an easy target to pick on. Just a few examples: 1) He believes that he used to be a half-human, half-cheetah female humanoid in a past future life (I’m not kidding). 2) EVERY story he tells is a depressing one. Every story. There are no happy stories with this kid. He could make a terminal cancer ward seem happy. Seriously. 3) He got pinned in a wrestling match by a guy who was forbidden to use his arms OR his legs; basically, he got beaten by a quadriplegic. 4) Beaver kicked his ass. ‘Nuff said. I know a lot of people might think it mean to pick on the guy so much, but it can’t be helped, he’s just one of those guys that this is going to happen to. He would definitely be in our version of the ‘whack pack’ (which, in homage to BJ, would call ‘yak pack’)…

Phoenix: I will be leaving the issue of the election alone now. (Actually, lots of people may be relieved at that fact.) Also, forgiveness is a noble thing. God forgives. But I am not God, I am a man; and I shall not be made a fool, or a doormat to be stepped on. I have lines which, when crossed, mark the end of the story for good. My lines are not unfairly located. My threshold of forgiveness is very, very, VERY hard to cross. I give a lot of leeway and look at the bigger picture before I pass final judgment on things. I just wanted you to know that, so that you may preserve your breath for a topic for which it won’t be spent in total vain.

Marathon posts are fun, right? Especially when they’re not just a bunch of whining and complaining. (Dig) *innocent look*

Blog-mania continues to claim more victims. I wonder if having a public journal where anyone can post and read is such a good idea anymore. It could (and has, to a limited extent) cause old situations to crawl from the woodwork and come back into the light when you want them to just die off and stay buried.

Anyway, now I must go. I may post later, if I’m lucky enough to. Juice!

Quote of the Blog: “Common sense is not so common.” – Voltaire

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that is just too much for me to read! I am not a fan of the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong posts. :)

Heather

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix