Friday, September 10, 2004

...George W. Bush is the WORST president EVER and btw...

I keep hearing about more of our troops getting killed in Iraq. This is all Bush’s fault, he should pull our boys out, but NO, he has to keep with his warmongering, religious right agenda. Our president is now responsible for OUR soldiers being slaughtered in a war that we shouldn’t even be fighting. I honestly do not respect him as my leader, and if I had my way, he would be out of office this next term. Unfortunately, I can’t make that happen on my own; it’s up to the people in our country to vote him out. He is going to be the ruin of our country. He doesn’t focus on our problems here in the states. This war on terror is all fine and good, but it’s gone too far. People are dying, and they don’t have to. Joe Dimitro, Justin Stamper…two people I can name who could likely be killed in battle because of Bush’s ideals in this. I do NOT want these two to die. I want them to live. I don’t want this shit to happen. This has got to end. I’ve joined the Kerry campaign, but it doesn’t change anything if people don’t vote. Every vote counts; I used to think the opposite of that, but I now know that every vote really DOES count. Please, for the sake of our futures, please, everyone who I know that can vote. Register to vote, help get Bush out of office, things can only get worse from here with him in power. Maybe John Kerry won’t do any better, you’re right; but I would rather take a chance on someone who MIGHT fuck things up over a guy who I know for a FACT will continue to fuck things up (i.e. the lesser of two evils).

I hate downtown St. Louis. Specifically, driving in downtown St. Louis. Some people would say, “it’s really not that bad”, but these people are used to it. For those of us who learned to drive in the county, it’s a fucking nightmare having to drive downtown.

There is too much going on this weekend. Ben Manzela’s bachelor party MIGHT be tomorrow night; he’s not sure yet, so as of this moment, I have no idea. Corey is also hosting that karaoke contest tomorrow night (for real this time). Beaver might come into town, and I assume he’ll want to hang. Scuba and Joe are going to Goose Creek tomorrow night to do some drinking at the ‘cabin’ and stay overnight, and they have invited me to go. Chris DeLarbar is having a party tomorrow night as well, supposedly. Sunday, I’m supposed to be hanging out with my college buddy, Brent. God, that’s a lot to cram into one weekend! Right now, the only two things set in stone for Saturday is Goose Creek and karaoke, so at least that’s something.

I sent Joe Dimitro an email explaining the full deal with my beef with him. I don’t have any idea what he’ll have to say about it…I don’t know if he’s going to call bullshit on everything I had to say or not. But, he asked for an explanation, and I gave him one, full and with nothing held back. I also called Erich; we’re supposed to get some beers next week some time and talk. Heather said I’m way too forgiving. Perhaps she’s right. Maybe I do open myself up for repeated stabs in the back. We’ll find out soon enough.

I’m waterproofing my parents’ back deck Saturday during the day. I enjoy being outside and doing physical work, it’s great. I can’t wait. I can wait even less for the money I’m being paid to do it. :)

My blog has been the focus of a lot of heat lately. To all who are reading and keeping up, I hope that you’re at least amused with the reactions and turn of events. To all who are making this interesting, well…I’m glad you have a target to fire at. I don’t mind, really. A wise person recently told me, “If you don’t let it get to you, you take away their sting.” Well, I’m reacting, but not like you’d expect. Fire away with more, if you have anything left – I welcome it. Bring…it…on.

Quote(s) of the Blog: “Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” – Mahfouz Naguib

“Republicans are men of narrow vision, who are afraid of the future.” – Jimmy Carter (That one was for G.W. Bush.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Shark said...

You keep hearing about the bad but let me tell you about the good.I have been there.Children now have new schools and safer streets to walk on.I have seen famliys reunited after many years of seperration.Food and medical care givin to the weak and helpless.People given a second chance at life without fear of imment death.This is what you do not hear about.The way a whole new generation of Iraqis that respect and trust us the Americans.It was just a matter of time that we as an Army were called back to the Middle East,we were faced with a powder keg of terrorists that we could not get to so we went after the supplyer that claimed them.
Now most everyone knows that I do not like poltics,I am a Centralist,no partys just people.While I do not agree with the reasons we were brought over here,I do believe that here is where we are needed as of this moment in time.And as that makes me be away from me family and friends,it is a choise that I made freely,to protect those who can not protect themselves.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Despite all the good things happening as a result of it, Bush still is a terrible president, and needs to be ousted. He hasn't done anything about the problems we have at home, and even though it's for a greater good, people are dying for his warmongering. The ends don't justify the means in my eyes. We should already be done over there. You should be home to your family right now.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

I must agree and disagree with Shark here. I know, a first, though not a total disagreement, maybe more questioning. Are we protecting the people providing aide over there or are we the ones providing aide? Other than that, I also would gladly go help where I can, and definitly strike at the heart of all our terrorist problems so that my friends/family are safe here at home. On September 11, 2001, my cousin Ms. Robinson of the USN was stationed in the south pentra of the Pentagon, she has since been moved away from there along with an ex and family friend Patrice(now higher ranked than a major and last name deleted to protect her.) I didn't personally loose anyone that day, but was scared as shit while watching on the news and recognizing the southern pentra that was the place people I cared for worked. So I fully back the portion of his campaign to stamp out the "Father" of these terrorist acts. Sadaam did bankroll a lot of these actions, and helps them still with the connections he gave them. I also must point out to GW that while he is going after the current atagonist, he should arrest his father, former Pres. Bush, because that bastard was CIA director and helped train some of the groups in terrorist and counter-terrorist protocol. That shit bit us back hard,and Russia was not ever a big of a threat as what we started to train these groups to be now. We created this beast, trained it and made it rabid, now it has bitten the hand that fed it. I say kill all the bastards and let whatever GOD or GODS they believe in sort that shit out.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix