Wednesday, September 08, 2004

...why the need for a fight? (aka leave it be)...

I really need to do something about these marathon posts of mine…I sure can be long-winded, can’t I? Today’s topic has to do with people who like to generate a conflict (god, I sound like a talk show host).

Now, I realize that in a perfect world, a group of friends would band together and everyone would get along with everyone else; and if there were any fights, everyone would work toward a common goal to resolve it. We don’t live in a perfect world, however, and things just aren’t that way at all. Unfortunately (and I mean that), things go sour, friendships come and go for varying reasons, and the tightest of groups drift apart. This is part of life. I’ve learned this all too well in recent years. My group from high school, what we called Bug Juice for years, it changing in ways I could have never predicted. What used to be a HUGE “family” is now a loose collective who are each going down their own paths. Thankfully, many of us will still be friends despite this fact. Not all, however.

I’m not unwilling to work out my differences with people (i.e. Erich). I’ve been told that I am sometimes a little too forgiving. Eventually, push will come to shove and it will either happen or not happen, and come what may, Erich and I will both live our lives. I wish him the best, in any event.

However, this situation is between the two of us to sort through. It doesn’t involve anyone else. It shouldn’t involve anyone else. Sure, he has issues with several people, but as far as me and Erich go, it’s between the two of us. Therefore, I will not allow anyone else to interject him or herself into it. I’m not going to settle my differences with someone just for the good of the social structure; I don’t care if me “dropping it” would make things more comfortable for a large group of people. If I decide not to come to an event because I don’t feel like dealing with a certain person, that is what I am going to do, and that’s the end of it. I am not obligated to be anyone’s friend, nor am I obligated to even “play nice” with a person for the sake of a large group; it is something that I choose to do if I wish. It’s not that I don’t care about my group of friends, or their happiness; but why should I have to put on an act or do things just because it’s “for the good of the group?” Sorry if that sounds selfish, but a person's priorities should not be other people all the time.

Hizzy, I appreciate your concerns and odd need to facilitate this ‘resolving of issues’ between Erich and whoever, but as I’ve stated before, you’d do better for yourself to butt out of it. That’s not to be mean, but what’s between me and Erich, and Erich and whoever else for that matter, doesn’t involve you at all. Maybe since you’re part of the group, it affects you in some way indirectly, but you’ll get that with anything that happens in life, so that doesn’t count as something that concerns you. This need to “get this group together” is not wanted. Not by me, at least. I prefer to handle my own affairs the way I choose to handle them. When and if I need your assistance or advice, believe me, I will ask.

On a side note, you seem to enjoy the thrill of a good confrontation. You always seem to push for some sort of conflict to happen. I understand that conflict makes things really interesting; I enjoy that kind of thing as much as the next person, it’s like a soap opera in real life, and everyone loves soap opera. But, we don’t need to create conflict out of thin air. Pushing for Erich and me to talk is doing just that, especially if it’s not he and I doing it on our own. There have been several occasions where you seem to lobby for actions that would cause the most conflict and tension. You love conflict; it’s a thrill for you, one that is understandable. It needs to stop, though. I would like it to stop.

Anyway, in other news, Scott should have his new Silent Hill game today…which means that we may just find him dead, sitting in a pool of his own drool, piss, and man-juice gripping the controller like a vice and staring blankly at the screen in a few weeks time. Hopefully, he’ll eat and sleep in between marathon sessions. He he.

I’m sorry if anyone was offended by yesterday’s topic. That was a long time coming. And, I’m not sorry for saying any of it to him (if he read it); if anything, I’m sorry I was so calm and fair about it all. J.D. really deserves to be completely bitched out. But, I am a better person than he, so I didn’t stoop that low.

Well, I am continuously updating this Juice Wars thing…I’m now giving Dave a 9 ranking for his blind rage (aka “boarserker”) mode; I’m doing this because even though Dave may lose much of his cognitive fighting in that mode, he really would be pretty impossible to put down in that state, given his ability to turn pain into fuel for his attacks. I’ll probably start another blog titled Juice Wars, and I will post different fights and scenarios for people to vote on, just for fun, based on the stats to date on this journal. That way, if you don’t want to read about that, and think it’s stupid and childish, you won’t have to here. I have to learn to post links first, though…

That’s it for today, folks. Later!

Quote of the Blog: “Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.” – Bertolt Brecht

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the Hizzy. ON the computer at school.

Anyway, all I was trying to do was have people over. Didn't mean for it to turn into a big confrontational thing.

I'm just tired of no one coming to hang with me because erich's there. So I'm just going to butt out. I will not call anyone anymore. I'm going to let people decide if they want to be friends with me. I'm tired of these lame ass excuses that people give for not wanting to come hang out. I'm sick and tired of not being called. I'm just sick and tired of all this crap. We're adults. You're telling me to leave it be?! Erich wants people to call him and people want Erich to call them. Jeez, somebody budge on this. I can't take much more of it or else I'm gonna go crazy.

Yes, this does involve me. It involves me more than you think. I'm friends with Toni and she was the cause of all this, according to people. So therefore, yep, I'm involved. Like it or not, I'm involved.

When is it a crime for me to have people over or to speak my mind. What gives you the right over me to speak your mind and tell others what you think? What makes you right? What makes me right? I am just as entitled as you to express my opinions about things.

Like it or not, you're not always right. Neither am I for that matter.

All I want is just to have one night where we can all hang out. None of this "well, um, I, uh, I have to...(insert stupid excuse here) crap. And it's not just you either, it's everyone.

Bottom line, if you don't want to hang out with me. Tell me. Maybe Erich had the right idea. Maybe I'll just stop coming around because it's pretty obvious what kind of friends I have when I can't even get people over to my house to hang out.

It's sad really. Oh well, things are good for me now. I'll do better on my own.

HIZ

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I wanted to do was have people over. Shit, I get yelled at for inviting people to my house. That's horrible.

Just wanted to have a get together. Guess it's ok to do if Scott arranges it, or Joe, or you, but god no, when Hizzy wants to have people over, it's a ploy. It must be a ploy.

Ever think maybe I just wanted to see my fucking friends? Pretty sad when people ask me how you guys are doing and I honestly cannot answer. And that's not my fault.

This wasn't a conflict generating thing. Once again, someone was being nice and inviting you over, and you refused them once again, because of your pride and your bullheadedness. I don't want a phone call. I won't answer anyway. I'll be in class. Sorta shows you who your friends are, doesn't it? I just can't believe that I can't have a get together without there being drama surrounding it. Shit, I just wanted us to get together, drink some beers, and watch a movie or something. Same thing we do at your place, at Scott's, and at Joe's, but it's gotta be a big fucking ordeal if I want to have anyone over.

Screw it. Gathering's off. Another friday night not doing shit. So much for getting people together. I just want to see my friends again.

Oh well

3:30 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

First of all, I didn't say anyone was wrong for being friend with anyone else. I just stated that I have the personal right to choose who I associate with; and I ask that there be a stop to saying that I should "go with the flow" for the sake of other people. I don’t like working like that; I like to handle things my way.

Second: I have talked to Erich. It didn't do any good. The ball is now in HIS court. I have too many things going on to pour all my effort into it. I have never said that I would not be willing to talk, but I’m not going to be the one always running to Erich. I ran twice already, it’s his turn.

Third: I haven't put any of you in the middle of anything. Yes, I've voiced my opinion, but never did I once try to sway anyone's opinion to match my own. As for being vented to, well, we’ve all vented to each other. It’s part of what friends do.

Fourth: Hizzy, I wasn’t talking about this Friday. I don’t even know what you were talking about. I never knew anything about anything going on this Friday, so you are mistaken about what triggered the post. It was a long time coming in general, that’s all.

Fifth: I had several other reasons that I didn’t attend that party. 1) I didn’t know it wasn’t just a party for Toni and Erich. If I had known that, I might have been more inclined to be there. 2) S&M is so totally not my thing; I don’t like that sort of thing. I skipped parties like that before in Springfield. 3) Yeah, I’m a little fed up with Erich; he and I are at odds and I didn’t feel like dealing with that situation (you can say what you want about this; I’m sure there are people YOU don’t like and would avoid as well).

Sixth: Hizzy, you are friends with Toni, yes. I can’t speak for anyone else, but with me, my beef has nothing to do with Toni. I’ve explained this to you before. Just because you are friends with someone who is the girlfriend of the guy that I’m having problems with, DOES NOT mean you are directly involved in mine and Erich’s shit. All that means is that you are associated with someone who is associated with someone else who is involved in something. If we look at it that way, we’re all involved with everything going on around the world, and have the right to intervene in everyone’s personal matters. I’m sorry, but despite what you may think, what’s between Erich and me is still just between Erich and me; and I was only asking that you (and anyone, for that matter) stay out of it.

Seventh (and I can’t believe I’m on my 7th point): I appreciate the fact that it’s not just me and you two are calling out about this. At least you recognize that I’m not the only one not talking to Erich.

Eighth: Hizzy, no one hates you. I genuinely want to come to a Scarlet Whore show. I’m going to go to the Fear Factory concert, despite it being my bro-in-law’s birthday, because I haven’t been to a show in forever and I’m sick of things coming up, ya know? No one dislikes you; I’ve been really busy as of late. Again, I can’t speak for anyone else, so if others aren’t calling or coming around, that’s on them.

Ninth: You can’t just say, “it’s not fair to not come around to a party because you don’t like someone” because everyone has the right to choose what they do. I would never stop Beaver from being friends with someone just because I don’t like them; and I would never force Hizzy to go to a party where Sarah Keinzle was there. But, that’s just me.

Tenth: I never claim to be right all the time. I have an opinion yes, but it’s take it or leave it at all times. (I can’t believe it took TEN points to respond to all that. God.)

6:20 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

I would be unfair to Hizzy if I didn't say this: Jess, your good intentions are appreciated, but not necessary. I mean, my post was about staying out of affairs that aren't your own, and now YOU come into this between me and Hizzy. Please, for the love of God, don't interfere anymore, seriously. You're NOT the mother figure around here, no one is. My mother is Monica Province, NOT Jessica Stamper. This situation is even LESS YOUR concern than it is Hizzy's. I know you don't care if I didn't like your interference, and that's fine; this "new" phoenix thing is great, but now you're in a position to be pushed back at. I don't enjoy being told to "go to one corner of the room" and I'm sure Hizzy doesn't enjoy it either. YOU go the the "neutral" corner of the room, please. I'm not pissed, btw...just covering the points that were made with my points. (Geez...this is getting out of hand; like flies to honey in this situation, all for a little venting in my blog.)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Goddammit! Just...goddammit. I just had to say that.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Heather and i just have to say, OH MY GOD!!! People, I don't see anyone. EVER. But you all can't blame anyone but yourselves. If you want to see people call them and ask them what is going on. Not only that but face it, we are all maturing and hanging out with people every single day of the week is just not always an option. People work. People are married. People have kids. All of us are focusing on some aspect of our lives. We should feel lucky and blessed that we even have people we can call friends. We may not get to see each other often but at least we have people to talk to. As far as lame excuses goes, thats bullshit. Come look at my calendar. Steve happens to be married to a very busy woman. There are two of us now and we have a lot going on. August is especially a busy month for us as is this September. If you want to know what we have going on when, just ask me to email you a copy of our calendar. i am the type of person to make plans months in advance. i can already tell you that we do have a free weekend open until the 2nd weekend in Octoboer.

As far as the wedding rehearsal thing, I'm sorry that some people were not invited. But it a lot of money was shelled out for that and it was supposed to be for people involved in the wedding. No one should take hard feelings for that and i cant believe people are still attacking steve and mentioning it when it happened so long ago. There were more than just Erich and Dan who were not in the wedding. It just wasnt possible for us to include EVERYONE. we have many friends and family that we wanted involved in the wedding but just was not possible. it was not a personal attack to anyone. i would really appreciate it if Steve's and my wedding could stop being a topic of discussion. It happened. It's over with. We do not regret any decisions we made.

That is all i have to say this time. I do want to reinforce that we should just be happy that we have people we can actually call friends. And please dont jsut assume that somebody is giving a lame excuse. Thats not always the case.

Thank you for listening to me.

Heather

6:44 PM  
Blogger Shark said...

I happen to agree with Beaver,Jess,and Heather

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know i had a lot of mistakes in my typing on my comment. I just had a lot to say. I meant that unfortunately Steve and I do not have a free weekend until the 2nd weekend in October.

Thank you Joe for agreeing with me. I was kind of hesitant to post my comment.

Heather

7:37 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Beaver,

Why is it that you are so adamant about your opinions through email or a blog or instant message, but then in person you are a wet noodle with it? I admit I said some harsh things about Hizzy that she didn't deserve, and I apologized for it. But you can't do that, can you? Wanna know something? I'm not the only one that has my view on this - others do, I won't name any names, but trust me, you know the same people I'm talking about, really well. So, by calling ME 'immature', you're calling several others the same thing. But, like I said, you seem to have a problem apologizing when you've gotten out of line. It's good to speak your mind, but there's a line and when you cross it and offend someone, you're morally obligated to apologize for that shit. I doubt you agree with that, based on your last comment, but I'm sure you'll find that the 'mature' thing to do is admit when you're wrong or out of line, and apologize for it.

So, Beaver...are you absolutely sure you firmly stand behind ALL of your statements, even the things that were out of line?

Think about it before you answer.

(And no, Phoenix, I didn't think I'd get this kind of reaction.)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

BTW...thank you, Heather, for standing up for me. I wish I had more supporters on this blog. I love you.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

I didn't say you had to apologize for the past...but you did say some out of line things in your post and on your blog. But it doesn't matter. This will be the 18th comment on this blog-turned-bloodbath.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

I wasnt mad. i know you were using it as an example and i was in no way offened or mad. I am juat saying in general. I dont know why you assumed that i took offense to it.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Dan, you're real good at mouthing your opinions in blog/email/instant messenger form, aren't you? Even better, you mouth off at someone who wouldn't push back at you, namely Heather. Have to be honest with you, that's going too far as far as I'm concerned. To Quoth the Beaver:

"The rehearsal dinner illustrates my point perfectly. And no, I am not sorry for what I said, I dont care who is offended, I said what I had to say and if you take offense to that, well thats your issue, not mine."

Ahh, yes, Dan, why would YOU admit you were wrong? After all, you're NEVER in the wrong, are you? At least not when you're on the other end of a computer, in Cape or at home, typing your heart away in safety. It never occurs to you to apologize for offending someone, even a friend, when you can be that way from behind the shield of the internet. As I stated before: I think it's great that you found your voice, but now you've gotten ignorant with it and have ceased caring who you step on or offend when you use it. That, my friend, is a definition of 'immature' if I EVER heard one.

You grew your balls large enough to post your original comment well enough; how about you grow them big enough to apologize for something you said that was out of line, and be a man? Or is admitting you were wrong just something you can't handle? Are you not 'mature' enough to make apologies for errors made and feelings stomped on? Oh, that's right, I forgot...Beaver doesn't need to apologize for anything.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Shark said...

You want a statement that takes balls were here it is.
I LIKE PIE!!!And I do not care who knows it.
.........what do you mean it doesn't count?Sure it does it is a statement that leaves no room for opionins but that of the author.And to make a statment without flexablity is truly gutsy.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

I'm more of a devil's food cake guy myself...

8:51 AM  
Blogger Shark said...

AHA see see you leave your self open to liking pie also!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix