Friday, September 03, 2004

...good news and...ducks?...

I got congratulated this morning on that bid that I put in; Doug said I did a very good job. Damn, that feels good, to know that I’m of value like that. It’s even better that we got awarded the bid. I’m definitely on my way in this company now.

So here I sit, listening to 105.7, and sipping on some fine Mountain Dew, enjoying my Friday. I’m glad it’s Friday for two reasons: 1) Tomorrow is Saturday, which means guy’s night is almost here. I enjoy guy’s nights, being a married guy. Why, you ask (or maybe you didn’t)? Because when you’re married, you’re around girly stuff ALL THE TIME. Not that I mind, I love being married, but sometimes I need the whole guy/testosterone/idiocy thing. God, I love the idiocy. I can’t tell you how much I laugh when I’m with the boys. It’s like a comedy club for free…

Saturday night will be this karaoke contest thing at the place Corey is running it. It should prove to be a good time, plus maybe I’ll find out I’m a better singer than I thought (although I doubt it). I’ve been told that I’m a good singer, but sometimes I hear myself and I think “god, that sucks”. We’ll see.

Anyway, this may be my only post today, but I may have more to say later. But for now, enjoy this discussion topic:

“Grudge match of the ducks!!!

Darkwing Duck vs. Gizmo-Duck (Duck-Tales) vs. Donald Duck (in uber-angry mode) vs. Daffy Duck (alternating between Duck Dodgers of the 21st-and-a-half-century & classic sadastic Daffy) vs. Duckman vs. Howard the Duck vs. Scrooge McDuck (in you-just-took-all-my-money mode)

Who wins? Who loses? Who loses worst of all?”

This is a topic that I started on a comic book characters fighting forum, and it got really hilarious results!! This is just one of them, posted by a guy called “Adam Chapman”:

“Darkwing Duck is Batman. A Batman that routinely trips over himself, and isn't the world's greatest detective, but in this 'bout, he doesn't need to be.

Gizmo Duck is fast, but isn't always in complete control of his abilities- on top of that, he isn't that smart in a fight. Donald Duck, in angry mode, is pretty dangerous, because I think he'd fight really dirty (remember him versus Daffy in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)

Duckman only has the temper, not the physicality to back him up in this fight. Howard can use a sword, but more often than not will just swing humorous barbs. Scrooge McDuck, when in the you-just-took-all-my-money mode is for the most part harmless.

Darkwing Duck just barely takes this battle.
Donald Duck could probably take second
Gizmo Duck gets lucky and gets third
Daffy and Duckman stand there screaming at each other while Scrooge pays Howard to stab them both, and then Scrooge kills Howard.”

LOL!! I’d like to know what YOU guys think about this ‘fight of the feathered fowls’…plus, it should prove for some laughs. Have at it! (If any of you care.)

End transmission.

Quote of the Day: “I rant, therefore I am.” – Dennis Miller

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It amazes me that a grown adult would sit down and take the time to not only post this but to actually sit down and write it all out and think about it. Poor guy. He must'nt be getting laid. LOL

Heather

2:49 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Who is Gizmo-Duck? Didn't you ever watch Duck Tales? He came later in the series though...finally, a piece of trivia the Hizzy DOESN'T know (I swear she has a hard drive with facts in her skull). :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

HA haha ha haaaaaaaaa ha! I know who Gizmo Duck is Quill, never Fear Quizmo Duck is Heeeere... wowzers?!( yeah, I know classic right.) Anyway, I would pick MR. McDuck fro second because Gizmo would also fight on his behalf, though I love the part about him paying Howard to stab everybody, then shooting Howard. That should be posted as an annul, not just here on the blogs. Anywhoo, I like and understand your outside the box thinking, maybe because I am a guy, and this is the type of things we have done since we were kids. Godzilla v. King Kong, Freddie v. Jason(now a movie,) Aliens v. Predator( also now a movie.) Take notes ladies, Quill may have just come up with the next great movie that all men in America has debated since pre teenhood. PEACE

3:25 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Thank you, Deadpool...FYI, Godzilla vs. King Kong was also made into a movie (a really crappy-looking, campy movie, but still a movie).

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix