Sunday, September 25, 2005

...and once again, a blog entry...

Friday afternoon I met with some people at IPM Services; they're the ones that landed me the interviews with Paric and Behlman. It was a very promising meeting, and I found out that things are looking up.

After that, I went down to Goose Creek with Scuba. Dave also came with us. We spread about 8,000 lbs of gravel using shovels around his "Shabin". Then, last night, me, Scuba, Joe, Angel, and Chuck spent the night down there. (Heather didn't come because she had to teach her class this morning.) It took a little over two hours for Joe to solve the electric problem, and we had fire problems until Joe and I rigged a pit-grill for us to cook on using a supply of bricks. (Although I'm told that right after I turned in, the wood dried enough to make a nice blaze. Go figure.)

All-in-all, the "Shabin" is nice...I do enjoy the luxuries at home, however. Much thanks goes out to Scuba for managing to get us out of Goose Creek this morning...we almost got stuck in what turned into a giant mud-pit from the overnight storming.

@Heather: I really don't have a reason to address you here...at the risk of sounding like a sappy moron, I just wanted to tell you that I love you. Very much.

I have an interview tomorrow with Countryside Carpets & Interiors, a flooring contractor that did a lot of work with LaClair. Wish me luck.

Behlman has shown an interest, and we'll find out about Paric soon enough. Besides that, I've been hitting the phones and making some contacts, hopefully a handful of them will be helpful to me in one way or another. I've also got a couple of recruiters and head-hunters going, so we'll see what comes of that.

I apologize to those who might be tired of my talks about my job search (especially my wife, who is the absolute best). It's on my mind more than it should be, and I recognize that. I know I need to chill the fuck out and relax and just "do it". It's hard for me to do that for some reason, even with things happening and things looking up a bit.

Saw Posch and Kristin's apartment today - they have a really nice apartment, lemme tell ya! I wish ours had two bathrooms. :) Congrats to the both of them. We also visited for a little while, and caught most of some episodes of 'Full House'. God, was that show full of cheese! Oh well...brought back some memories from childhood in a sense. Gotta love nostalgia.

I have been so weird lately...in a very quiet, very ponderous mood. Definitely not my usual deal, either. But there's also a lot going on in my head, as some of you know, so...

Anyway...that's all I have to report for now. I just realized that I need a more solid handle on which months have 30 days in them, and which ones have 31. Yes, I'm aware there is a poem...which I either never learned, forgot, or a combo of those two. Yes, I know there is a "knuckle" technique for it...I just learned that. Funny stuff...


Quilled Tunes: "Rebel Yell" - Billy Idol

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Here's the poem. DOn't know how I still remember it, as I learned it in preschool.

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November;
February has twenty-eight alone,
All the rest have thirty-one,
Excepting leap-year, that's the time
When February's days are twenty-nine.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix