Saturday, September 17, 2005

...the only thing I can really say is DAMMIT...

People are gonna find out about this anyway, and I'd rather them get it from me rather than the rumor mill.

I got let go.

LaClair needed to "cut back on overhead" and I was the overhead. It wasn't because of anything I did...in fact, I was doing excellent; they just weren't doing as well as they wanted/needed to business-wise. (It wasn't for computer reasons or anything like that, and I know that some people might think or say that - if I hear about anyone that does, they're dead. I mean it. So don't.)

This is a good thing. I was being fucked pay-wise anyway. And I'm not completely unprepared for this as I've been working with a couple of head-hunters, and have my updated resume on Monster and Career Builder. I also have two interviews this week, so wish me luck everyone! Both Heather and I have been getting frustrated with it all, and we were half-way expecting me either to be let go or me to leave as soon as possible.

I apologize in advance if I get kinda weird about things for a bit - this sucks, and it's very hard, as some of you know all too well.

Also, I don't wish this to become a topic of conversation. You can talk to me about it, ask me questions, how I'm doing, how things are going, etc. - but please do me the courtesy of not discussing this at gatherings and whatnot. I'd rather not have any kind of emphasis on it, it's better that energy go towards other efforts, like support. I will definitely appreciate every ounce of support given to me, although I do not ask for it if you're not willing to give.

Thank you for your time.

In other news - well, actually the same news - these two companies seem really interested in me. I'm excited and hopeful about it. Say a little prayer for me - couldn't hurt, right? ;)

Items I recently picked up:

The Girl Next Door (DVD)[belated birthday gift]
Horror Express (DVD)
NIN "Further Down The Spiral" UK 10-Track Import (CD)

The Nine Inch Nails show is coming up. It will be a welcome distraction, especially if worse comes to worse and I still haven't found anything by then (that's a worst-case scenario though). And, the Gravity Kills show is also coming up too, which IMO is even better than the NIN show. But then, I AM a "Whore". More on that stuff later.


Quilled Tunes: "Dust In The Wind" - Kansas

P.S. I really do mean it about the not talking about it as a subject of conversation. Thank you all in advance for your respect on that front.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

Thank you, sweetie. I love you, too.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix