Monday, September 12, 2005

...Gravity Kills in concert; props to Heather; other things...

Quilled Irony Of The Blog: Over 50% of you voted for this to happen in the aftermath of Katrina. Everyone who died in the FIVE DAYS it took our government to get off its ass is because of you, and after due to incompetence. Are you happy? Are you pleased with yourselves? Does that feel good? Choke on it.

BTW - I'm sure people are getting tired of hearing about Katrina, and want to just forget about it. I bet the victims of Katrina would give anything to forget about it, too - they don't have that happy option though. Just an FYI for ya there...

If you read my earlier post, Gravity Kills – IMO one of the greatest industrial rock bands ever formed – is having a reunion show in October! October 28th, 2005, at the Pageant. Tickets will be $15 in advance, $18 at the door, available via Ticketmaster on Sept. 23rd.

For those of you that don’t know yet, Heather has been asked to teach a Hip-Hop dance class at New Lady Fitness as well as her Latin Blast class. Here’s the kicker: Heather is creating the class from scratch – the routines, music, everything. Her boss there has given her the green light after just mentioning it as an idea.

@Scott: Congratulations, Heather – you ROCK!

Wanna see Dick Cheney getting heckled and told to fuck himself by a native New Orleanian? CLICK HERE.

Rapper Kanye West says that George W. Bush hates black people. CLICK HERE. (Which is clearly the case, and I’m glad someone finally had the stones to say it.)

Oh, by the way – I was right. I told all of you that you would SEE in perfect, crisp, black-and-white how terrible a leader “Dubya” was going to be in his second term – how much worse it was going to get – and I was 200% DEAD-ON correct.

COMPLAIN!! \m/ all you like about how my political rantings are “annoying” or “over the top”…but I was right. You all should have listened; I clearly know of what I speak. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

@Scott: Now you know why I’m so adamant about all this stuff – thanks for taking the time to get informed, and also for letting me know that you know where my head’s at now in regards to all this stuff. It’s nice to be understood for once, and even nicer to get through to someone about it.

(P.S. If YOU want to join Scott and become enlightened, play the Anti-Bush Video Game by clicking on the link or on the title of this blog. Or, you can...you know...remain blissfully ignorant. Up to you.)

In other news, Scott’s brother is OK – if you can call having your jaw wired shut and your car being gone OK. (But it does beat the alternative; so really, in relative terms it’s fan-fucking-tastic…)

@Scott: I’m glad that you’re brother is all right.

@Ryan: I’m glad you’re all right.

Also, for the 1% of the population of our group that hasn’t heard about Sarah Keinzle – through a suspiciously metal-sounding grapevine, or derivatives – she’s pregnant again. Pressing topic of must-know information, or just blissful indulgence in one person’s unfortunate situation? – you be the judge. (Ya know, compared to other things like Katrina, the upcoming GK reunion show, and heck, even what I’m having for dinner tonight…it just seems like option B to me, eh?)

Thanks, you’ve all been wonderful! Goodnight!


Quilled Tunes: “Free bird” – Lynard Skynard

1 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

Wow, after reading over it, this is quite an "angry" and "vindictive" sounding blog entry in certain parts.

Oh well. Good.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix