Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The (almost) All-Feature Blog!!!

The Labor Day holiday weekend was great. I got a crap-load of songs added to my already-huge “Super Compilation” folder (which also benefits the mp3 collection as well). I don’t really have much else to report at the moment. Don’t forget, tomorrow I will be unveiling a crucial clue to the answer to my newest riddle. In the meantime, Quilled Scripts has been markedly feature-less lately, so…

Bring on the Feature Blog Entry!

Once again, the newest riddle:


“All people have known me since before they could crawl -

I have a several forms, yet known by all.

Some forms are loved, while others are cursed;

Can you figure my name by the end of this verse?

I bring feelings of joy, sadness, and pain;

The hint to the answer lies within this refrain:

I’ll tell you no story; I’ll spin you no lies –
My influence is huge, yet I have no true size.
From nation to nation, I’m a tie that binds;
Read me again, the solution you’ll find.


What am I?”


Quill’s Final Thought (of the Blog):

If I’m as dim-witted and slow as some people think/say I am…and no one can manage to fully crack the riddles which are of my own design…what does that imply? *wink*

--------------------------------------------
Quilled Did You Know?:

George Washington was the first president under the US constitution of 1789. However, the US was an independent nation for 13 years before the Constitution was signed. For one year during this time John Hanson served as "President of the US in Congress assembled." Technically, he was the first president of the United States.

--------------------------------------------------
Quilled Link(s) of the Blog:
Check out the omni-impressive Carlton Beer Ad:
  • Carlton Draught “Big Ad”


  • --------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Tunes: “When Darkness Falls” – Killswitch Engage

    Quote of the Blog: “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

    Literary Quote of the Blog: "Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes." – Benjamin Disraeli, “Coningsby”

    --------------------------------------------------

    Word(s) of the Blog:

    distemper \dis-TEM-per\ verb

    : to throw out of order

    *******

    riposte \ rih-POAST\ noun

    1 : a fencer's quick return thrust following a parry
    *2 : a retaliatory verbal sally : retort
    3 : a retaliatory maneuver or measure

    --------------------------------------------------
    TRUTH, TRUTH, TRUTH!!!

  • Living Paycheck To Paycheck Made Leaving Impossible

  • Despite Warnings, Washington Failed To Fund Leevee Projects

  • A Can’t-Do Government

  • California Senate Passes Gay Marriage Bill

  • CIA Commander: We Let Bin Laden Slip Away


  • --------------------------------------------------
    On This Day In History – September 6th:

    1837: Already one of the few U.S. colleges to admit African Americans, the Oberlin Collegiate Institute in Ohio becomes the first U.S. college to admit women to its regular college program.

    1899: U.S. secretary of state John Hay circulates a letter arguing for an Open Door policy with regard to trade with China, rather than one that would carve up China into European spheres of influence.

    1901: Anarchist Leon Czolgosz shoots U.S. president William McKinley at the Pan-American exposition in Buffalo, New York. McKinley dies eight days later.

    1926: The Kuomintang Chinese nationalist forces led by Chiang Kai-shek reach Hankou at the confluence of the Han and the Yangtze rivers; Hankou becomes the Kuomintang capital.

    1941: The Nazi government requires that all Jews in German-occupied territories wear the yellow star of David for identification.

    1998: Japanese film director Akira Kurosawa, who often adapted Western literary works and forms to Japanese subjects, dies at the age of 88.

    2 Comments:

    Blogger NixEclips said...

    Quill’s Final Thought (of the Blog):

    If I’m as dim-witted and slow as some people think/say I am…and no one can manage to fully crack the riddles which are of my own design…what does that imply? *wink*


    Nix says: You might not come off as such a dick, if you stop gloating and shit, you fool. (prepares for a detailed explanation as to how it is totally validated)

    10:42 PM  
    Blogger Quilled One said...

    Very true.

    However, I gloat about little - and I feel that everyone deserves a little time to toot their own horn a bit. It's healthy for self-esteem, after all...

    5:55 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix