Thursday, September 01, 2005

...THE ANSWER, and Re: The Meatloaf flick...

Well, it’s Thursday. And that means it’s time for the answer to another one of my mind-boggling riddles. Today’s closest guess is – Hizzy, not because of her answer, but the reasoning behind it (close, but no cigar).

“The common ground is my fare;

I’m known to people everywhere.

To some a step; to others an end;

To those who’re hopeless, I am best friend.


What am I?”


ANSWER: Religion


(FYI: by “fare” I meant the definition as an intransitive verb, meaning to “travel”; more specifically, “to follow (a course or path) as if by traveling”)

To reach a common place is the course or path of any religion. While it’s true that not all people practice religion, people everywhere know OF it (notice I didn’t say ALL people, I just said “people everywhere”). To some, religion is only a stepping stone to something greater, and to others, the religion itself is an end to the means. And the hopeless often turn to religion when they have nothing else in life.

Hizzy got the closest within her reasoning, as she was almost close to the answer of religion in her explanation. Good job, Hizzy!

******************

August is a busy, busy month for family. Yesterday was Becky’s birthday dinner. Monday was Marcia’s (Heather’s mom). My birthday was in there, of course. I’ve had so much cake and food that I’m almost dreading more holiday spreads. Almost.

And now to address this meatloaf thing:

This is going to be a trial of patience. Right now, we’re waiting on our script to be completely polished and completed. We’re also going to have to scout concrete locations for filming, get all our equipment needed, and get all the rest of our ducks in a row. This in and of itself is going to take a bit of time. That’s pre-production only so far.

As far as actual filming, we’re going to have to work around the fact that our esteemed director, Nix, has a job that whisks him out of town on a consistent basis, as well as our main camera person and musical composer, Scott. I have a “9 to 5” job, as do several other people involved in this. Day shoots are going to have to be weekends or holiday days because of this, and there’s no real guarantee who will be available. Our star, Dave, is in college and is currently handling that from the perspective of “I need to put school above all else” and very rightly so. All of this is going to turn the filming process into a very big, angry, and impossible BITCH of a task. But we will do it scene by scene if we have to, even if it’s a scene a day, and not consistently.

Post-production will be a mostly downhill ride, but even THAT is going to require some patience on everyone’s parts, due to factors already mentioned.

There’s a very large chance that we won’t even have this thing over and done with by Christmas of NEXT year (although that’s just me assuming the most amount of set-backs and delays, mind you)…but listen – this Meatloaf movie has been in development hell for years now. Nix came along with his knowledge and with the encouragement of Scott, and my blessing and cooperation, has now progressed farther than I personally ever thought it would. This CAN happen, but it’s going to take a decorum of dedication from all of us, at least from the standpoint of “let’s do what we can until this thing is fully realized and finished.”

My role is complicated in this thing – I’m the original creator, and have approval pretty much over everything in the script, which hasn’t been a problem because I agree 99.9999999% with Nix’s vision for my brainchild, and what I didn’t agree with, he was cool with working with me on. I’m labeled “producer”, but that’s not a very accurate description of my functions – I’ve pretty much been given the task of pulling shit together and keeping it that way. So that is what I’m going to do.

This thing has the potential to be GREAT. Even if no money comes of it; even if no one outside our circle enjoys it as it should be enjoyed; at least we’ll have something we can genuinely be proud of, and looks halfway decent.

End Meatloaf rant. (“Meatloaf rant”?!?!)

That’s all I have for you guys today. Rest those brains up, Quillmaniacs – another riddle is coming ‘atcha tomorrow, and it’s going to be a doozy!


Quilled Tunes: “Last” – Gravity Kills

1 Comments:

Blogger NixEclips said...

I bought some foam, today. It was 4 blocks in one package for $5. So, when we figure out who's good at sculpting, we can start work on our stunt-loafs. heheheh. That sounds funny.

Nix says: Stunt-Loaf!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix