Thursday, August 25, 2005

...ANOTHER RIDDLE & a quickie blog...

That "Bubble-Girl" thing that I posted on August 19th seems to be the meme of the hour...cool.

(Click HERE for the infamous "Bubble-Girl".)

And now, some words and definitions that relate to recent events. See if YOU can figure out which events each word goes with. (BTW - I won't be confirming anything, so don't ask.)

mitigate \MIT-uh-gayt\ verb

1 : to cause to become less harsh or hostile : mollify
*2 : to make less severe or painful : alleviate
3 : extenuate

----------------------

captious \KAP-shuss\ adjective

1 : marked by an often ill-natured inclination to stress faults and raise objections
*2 : calculated to confuse, entrap, or entangle in argument

----------------------

acolyte \AK-uh-lyte\ noun

1 : one who assists a member of the clergy in a liturgical service by performing minor duties
*2 : one who attends or assists : follower


More words and definitions to follow tomorrow. :)

And now, another riddle for you guys to solve, answer to be posted on Monday.


"I have a start; I have an end.

You can't see what's around my bend;

Yet I travel straight, just like a wire;

My pace is steady, I never tire...

But, sometimes, I come full 'round.

I weave countless tales, yet utter no sound.


What am I?"


Good luck, Quillmaniacs! Let's see who's smart enough to solve this one...


Quilled Tunes: "Voodoo Child" - Jimi Hendrix

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's either time or life, my money's on time.

:-)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix