Tuesday, June 07, 2005

...for once, drama that doesn't target ME...

Click on the title of this blog to watch a hilarious flash animation (and it has little to NOTHING to do with political content, it’s just funny – I swear on my Gravity Kills collection).

Well, the beat goes on. And – surprise of surprises – for once, I’m going to report on a controversy that doesn’t have me as the focus!

Amber has dropped out of Toni and Erich’s wedding. Why? Well, almost everyone Amber knows hates her choice in boyfriend, John Shelly. The Meddle Hizzy explained to me some of the reasons this guy is so hated (and it sounded like she was lobbying for ME to hate him as well). Toni apparently gave Amber a request (which was an ultimatum-in-disguise) – she didn’t want John Shelly at her wedding. This “request” – combined with other factors that I know about but won’t go into – caused Amber to say ‘fuck this’ and pull out of the wedding.

*Begin personal opinion interjection*

In my personal opinion, I think that, while pulling out of the wedding in such an abrupt manner might have been a rash way of taking her stand [*retraction to this statement posted, see comments*], Amber is justified. She has all her friends telling her whom to date, instead of being given support for her decision. [And, since I KNOW it’ll be brought up – Meddle Hizzy already did it, in fact – that is NOT what was done to Erich. Erich was told that we supported the fact that he loved Toni despite the fact that we didn’t particularly take to her; he made the choice to drop nearly all of us anyway.]

If Scott had wanted to bring Sarah K. to the wedding (and still been dating her), I would be completely fine with that, no question. Anyone who knows anything knows that I really never liked Sarah K. at all, but if my best friend had still been dating her, she would have been welcome at my wedding in support of my FRIEND with open arms.

When you’re someone’s friend, and your friend so-obviously loves someone you don’t necessarily like, you support him or her anyway. Because that’s what a friend is supposed to DO. That’s what friendship IS. (But then, maybe that’s a difficult concept for SOME people to grasp. Not naming any names, just saying.)

@Amber: Congratulations on taking a stand for yourself and your relationship. You have my support, and Heather’s as well I’m sure.

*End personal opinion interjection* [And no, that isn't a biased post due to some kind of "Erich/Toni hate" that I have - I would say the same for anyone being put in that position.]

I just got a shit-load of clothes from Heather’s mom. Clothes they aren’t using anymore, and in like-new condition. We’re talking jeans, some name brand shirts and pants (Tommy, Nautica, etc.), and even some nice dress shirts. Heather also bought me “Demolition Man” on DVD. Life is awesome.

Lest we not forget Heather’s annual party coming up. You all know the drill by now. There will also be ANOTHER party in the weeks after that so that those people who were absent – people like Nix and Scott – can party down as well. Nice!

Quill’s Final Thought (of the Blog):

It's so easy to condemn someone for dislike of your partner (or condemn someone of dislike of a friend's partner), and then turn around and do it yourself.

--------------------------------------------------
Quilled Link(s) of the Blog:
SEE! all the topics you’d ever need in one place.
HEAR! samplings of up-and-coming bands Scarlet Whore and Brainshift.
VISIT! the awesome Bug Juice Mega-Forum.
  • The Bug Juice Mega-Forum


  • --------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Tunes: “Won’t Back Down” – Fuel

    Quote of the Blog: “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” - Buddha

    --------------------------------------------------

    Word(s) of the Blog:

    incisive \in-SYE-sive\ adjective

    : impressively direct and decisive (as in manner or presentation)

    Example sentence:
    After reading the first draft of my story, she offered several incisive comments, all of which proved extremely helpful to me.

    *******

    paragon \PAIR-uh-gahn\ noun

    : a model of excellence or perfection

    Example sentence:
    George and Muriel's marriage, which has lasted over 30 years and produced four children, is a paragon of domestic bliss.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Quilled One said...

    Well, then it seems that dropping out of the wedding wasn't such a rash or hasty decision after all, given what you just explained right there.

    You did what you felt you had to do, and that's good enough for me (not that I'm anything in this situation hehe).

    I retract my earlier statement of it being too rash of a decision.

    - Quill

    6:50 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix