Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Disclaimer: This blog entry contains content some might find objectionable. Read at your own discretion.

As I eluded to in the previous entry, I learned some interesting things over the weekend.

Number one on the list is Erich’s latest theory: The reason I don’t like Toni is because she’s going to be getting her Masters degree, which would make her more successful than I am at a younger age. I’m apparently jealous of this because I’m competitive, and have to beat everyone at everything.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only “problem” I ever had with Toni was that she’s snobby and always treated me with a very “I’m better than you” regard. I could care less if Toni got five different Doctorate degrees at age 12. I have my B.S. in Construction Management; I have a wonderful marriage, and a wonderful job; I have great friends (and many of them, unlike Erich); I have my health. I’m overly content, and I’m certainly NOT trying to compete with anyone, especially Toni. (Maybe if I aspired to be immature and wanted to treat people like they were less than me, I would.)

Moving on to the next, more involved, matter…Saturday, Beaver called us to inform us of yet ANOTHER stupid conspiracy being suggested to “trick” us.

According to Beaver, Kristin Merz told him it would be a good idea to invite Heather and myself to a couple’s night. Unbeknownst to us, it wouldn’t REALLY be a couple’s night. Instead, everyone else (meaning the side of this group that has an obvious problem with maturity and adulthood) would be in on the “joke” – only the girls would be present, and none of the guys would be there. Then, Heather would be bitched out by the girls for bringing me along. Apparently, Kristin thought this would be a really ‘funny’ thing to do.

(Note: The above is, as I said, according to Beaver. Kristin, if you read this and have issue with it, you probably should talk to Beaver, and explain whatever needs explaining to us.)

I can’t even begin to point out how utterly sad and retarded this “idea” is, not to mention horribly mean to Heather.

I understand that something like this is bound to have some posting and lobbying on Kristin’s behalf (i.e. she wouldn’t do that; she’s not that kind of person; etc.), and also things to the opposite effect. My reasoning is, “I can only fight what I can see.” If you have issue with Kristin being named the mastermind of this “plan”, don’t come to me with it – I’m not the one who named her as such.

Regardless, it’s very apparent at this point that Heather is definitely being considered my Achilles heel – a way to “get” to me in some way.

I’ll say it again, this time in a much more peaceable manner (what follows next is directed ONLY at those people who are behind any and all of this high school bullshit…it’s just reading material for everyone else):

I am not someone that you guys want to push to the breaking point. I am against using violence or being malicious in any way – but I’ve not above it, especially when it comes to defending my wife, and my family and friends. Oh, sure…people would probably think I’m just talking out of my ass as always. But I’m not.

Even though violence and malice is never the answer, when it comes down to it some people just need a good, solid ass kicking – or at least a damned good chewing out – before they’ll stop. I have been and will continue to do everything I can to avoid something like that…but don’t think for a second that I won’t do it if push comes to shove. And please don’t think that I’m not a threat to any of you in a fight, because I am – in a MAJOR way – whether you want to admit it or not.

I can handle being attacked and made into a scapegoat. I accept the fact that I’m not very popular with some people, even if the reasoning behind that is unintelligent bullshit. I can even take Heather and my other loved ones being assaulted unduly – with a limited-in-size grain of salt. I can do this because I “get” it – you guys just can’t be mature. You can’t be adult. As the adult in these confrontations, it’s my responsibility to be the bigger person – a responsibility that I happily accept, given the fact that I would really fucking hate to be in your shoes, to be THAT childish, cruel, and selfish.

Let me tell you what I really think. I think Kristin, Erich, Toni – and anyone else who participate in shit like this – are truly pathetic. I think they all need to be fitted for diapers to go along with the babyish way they conduct themselves every single day. They’re willing to go and hurt people who don’t deserve it, just to get some sort of revenge. I didn’t think it was possible to be such a colossal idiot like this, but I’ve been proven wrong by all of you assholes – I gave you guys WAY too much credit. I thought that I could bow out like a man and things could be civil – but you guys just can’t stop being selfish and immature and ruthless.

@Erich: You ditched your closest friends for bullshit reasons – friends that were there for you and stood by you in your more desperate times. You named ME as the ringleader and cause for you being “ditched”, when I was the one of the very last – and VERY few – who were still lobbying for you. You made your own misery. Now fucking live with it and take responsibility for your actions, and get over – and go fuck – yourself.

@Toni: As I said, I only had issue with your snobbish tendencies. (I’ve seen you treat people like they’re beneath you, I’ve experienced it myself – nothing you can say can prove otherwise, because your actions have shown your true colors). Now that you’ve chosen to involve yourself in plans that use Heather to get to me, that has changed drastically. You, too, can get over – and go fuck – yourself.

@Kristin: I SERIOUSLY hope that all of this is bullshit, for your sake. I would have NEVER thought that YOU would be behind anything like this (but then, I’ve been surprised a lot lately in that way). You have always been nice and kind to both Heather, and me, and I never had a problem with you before. IF it’s true, you can go fuck yourself.

I’m really important to you guys (whoever that is). You come up with these elaborate plans and schemes to try to get under my skin – even going so far as to USE my own wife’s feelings to try to upset me. You are not important to me. I hear about all this bullshit, the things that are said – and while I DO wonder just WHY in the world I would deserve to be attacked like that, I laugh. I laugh at all of you. I laugh because despite the fact that you seem to dislike me so much, you still make me a focus in your lives - you still make me important to you. I laugh because I’m a better person than you all, I’m above this shit, and the “joke” is really on YOU.

I’m not the one who’s looking like a complete and utter crybaby. I’m not the one that people are whispering about how high schoolish and immature they’re being. I’m not the one who’s losing credibility and good friends. I’m not the one resorting to things like this – in fact, I’m nowhere near doing anything like this. As I said – I’m the bigger and better person.

It’s something new every goddamned week. I know many people who are just so fucking tired of all of it. Imagine how I feel. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t even DO anything to provoke it – it just happens anyway.

It must be so nice to be able to pin all of the bad shit in your life on one person. If you guys aren’t VERY careful from this point on, it won’t be so nice anymore. I’ll see to that.

And yes – I could have ignored it. I could have just shrugged it all off. Believe me, I usually do. There have been many other things said and done that I have not posted about. The point of all of this was to put the spotlight on it and publicly chastise it. “They” deserve it at this point.

Quill’s Final Thought (of the Blog):

‘Martyr’ doesn’t even define what I am at this point.

--------------------------------------------
Quill’s “Conclusive, Vocabulary-Filled Sentence(s) That Fits the Topic of This Blog”:

trumpery \TRUM-puh-ree\ noun

1 : worthless nonsense
*2 : trivial or useless articles : junk

*****

marplot \MAHR-plaht\ noun

: one who frustrates or ruins a plan or undertaking by meddling

*****

paste \PAIST\ verb
1 : to strike hard at
*2 : to beat or defeat soundly


Surprisingly, Beaver was the marplot of this most recent trumpery plotted against Steve and Heather. Someone is going to get pasted if it continues.

--------------------------------------------------
Quilled Link(s) of the Blog:
Several people I know could really benefit from visiting this link…
  • Adolescence/Teenagers: The Reality of Adolescence


  • --------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Tunes: “Dropping Plates” – Disturbed

    Quote of the Blog: “Maturity: Be able to stick with a job until it is finished. Be able to bear an injustice without having to get even. Be able to carry money without spending it. Do your duty without being supervised.” – Ann Landers

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Quilled One said...

    Thank you, Jon.

    I only post about it to ridicule the attempts.

    99.9% of the time, the people who do this are people I never associate with anyway, but somehow find a way to nonetheless cause trouble.

    We already DO have great friends despite all this - you and Tom and Anna among them. :)

    9:58 AM  
    Blogger Quilled One said...

    Thank you also to Nix.

    And after some thought, I do realize that I'm feeding the machine so to speak, even though it also publicly humiliates the immature ones.

    2:21 PM  
    Blogger Daniel C. said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    5:06 PM  
    Blogger Daniel C. said...

    Okay, I have kept my mouth shut for way too long about this hoping it would blow over and become something that we all laugh about when we are 60... For those of you that know me, you know I enjoy remaining neutral and I try to see everyone's side to a particular issue before I make any judgements or any advise. That being said...

    YOU PEOPLE NEED TO FUCKING GROW UP!!! YOU GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO!!! CUT OUT THIS IMMATURE BULLSHIT!!!

    (Deep Breath) Okay, if you have a problem or just plain don't like Steve, that's fine. That's your choice. But then leave him the fuck alone. Leave Heather the fuck alone. I highly doubt at this point either one of them give two flying shits about if you do or not. Which is fine, that's their choice.

    I love every single one of you like family. There were times you were all there for me when I needed you. I appreciate that, which is why I have tried my best not to anger, upset, or piss off anyone. I've tried to keep the bridges stable, while the fire burns at the ropes. I now feel despite everyone's best efforts that bridge between my friends and I will soon be burned away. I'm not sure how much longer I can stand in the midddle of the bridge holding on to both sides without falling into the oblivion below. I don't want to take sides in this matter, but if this continues, I won't have a choice... So in summary: Grow up, Leave people you don't like alone, and stop pissing off other people!

    (pant, pant, pant) Okay, I'm done, rant over

    @Steve- You are my brother (by a different parents), I care about you very much. But you tend to threaten violence quite a bit. Never, ever the answer... ever. Violence just breeds a mess of trouble you don't want. Violence will take away your job, your happiness, and your life in general. Everything you care for will be gone. Never the answer... trust me I know this better than anyone. I had the thing I cared about most in the world taken away by violence by my hand... I don't want the same thing to happen to you. It would be different circumstances, but with the same result.

    5:09 PM  
    Blogger Scott said...

    I think we all know who the real "ringleader" is in this situation.

    I do agree with Q. I know I'm pretty neutral myself, but when the man steps in, something's obviously gone out of control.

    Like I said before: It's time to let the axe drop.

    Or as Q put it: Let the ropes on that bridge burn.

    12:15 AM  
    Blogger Quilled One said...

    Q, you're right, of course. I know it.

    It's frustrating when words won't work, and walking away doesn't either.

    As I said - I would always do everything to avoid any kind of physical altercation. Always.

    And yes, even threatening violence crosses some sort of line - but sometimes, it's unfortunately a necessary evil.

    Anyway, thank yous to Jon, Scott, Q, and Nix for replying and support given. I love you guys like brothers, and I sincerely apologize that this shit is going down.

    I'm at the epicenter of a storm that is hard to weather through, and I cannot stop it and recently I am beginning to faulter. And now I watch as they try to target Heather, too. It's a lot to bear.

    I promise you guys I will not do anything drastic, hasty, or stupid. You have my word.

    6:01 AM  
    Blogger Quilled One said...

    I wouldn't think Kristin would do that kinda stuff either, to be honest.

    But I can't discount the fact that, lately, people I never thought would do certain things have surprised the heck out of me by doing them.

    If it's not true, misunderstanding. If it IS true - another one bites the dust and crosses over to the dark side.

    Thanks for the support, Jess...and everyone.

    6:01 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix