Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Honesty - What a policy!!!, Part III - The End

I wish things in my group of friends could go back to the pristine condition it was in during the good old days. That's not to say that I don't enjoy the people with us NOW; I just wish I could amalgamate the tone of the past with the present. Socially, we were for the most part untainted; there was nothing like the caliber of immaturity we're seeing lately today.

I hate weltering in all of this drama and turmoil. Why does every single problem have to be transformed into this gargantuan event that engulfs and assimilates everyone. Why does everything have to be a group ordeal? Some people even seem to have be very edacious about the drama; they seem to crave it in the same fashion a pregant woman might crave a bizarre food combination.

I admit, I've spread rumors that have acted as catalysts for drama; I've made mention of things to interlocutors of mine that has set the ball rolling for some soap opera stuff. But I've never asked anyone to do anything against another. I've never asked anyone to take sides.

Now, this most recent abortion has seemed to speed up the already rampant ramification of what many of us used to call a "tight knit group". There is at least a glimmer of hope for maturity out of all this tripe - and it's very laudable that some have come forward with apologies; some I tend to believe or grant benefit of doubt to, others are questionable in light of other things said or done. Nonetheless, an apology, whether sincere or fiegned for the sake of P.R. (because true colors always shine through regardless of the way you paint yourself), is an apology still - so to everyone who HAS apologized, I say thank you.

This should never have become a group ordeal. It's completely ludicrous that my PERSONAL animosity with a handful of people should snowball out of control this way. But it's happened.

At any rate, this is the last post on this topic. I just had some random thoughts left about the whole deal, and felt like posting them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix