Tuesday, April 12, 2005

...the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG blog...

Greetings, friends and others, and welcome to another installment of the Quilled Scripts ‘blog.

It seems my features ARE read after all (thankee sai to Rev. Love). I know when I put down all those features it’s a lot to read. I’ve been working on it, but today there is a multitude of them. Take ‘em or leave ‘em.

@Heather: I love you, baby!

@Question: I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back man. I will later tonight. Call me at the office if you like, you should have the number in your cell. Take care, bro.

Okay, so there’s this radio show, right? It’s really fucking awesome, and so you should listen to it Wednesdays from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm. My good friend Bitter The Clown hosts it, perhaps you’ve heard of him? He’s the best thing to happen to local radio since internet streaming…if you don’t listen, one billion baby hampsters will die of cancer. Only YOU can save them. (Okay, okay – not really, but you should listen anyway. Give some love to the Love, man!)
  • Bitter The Clown’s Happy Fun-Time Show


  • …and there’s this forum board that’s really cool. Everyone is welcome, and there’s something for everyone there. You should go. Check it out. Come on, just try it…if you try it and you don’t like it, you can have your money back. What money, you ask? Click on the link to find out. (Seriously though, it really is fun. I promise.)
  • The Bug Juice Mega-Forum


  • This coming weekend will be a new furniture/rearranging fun-fest. I will be getting a new storage shelf for my CDs (sweet!), and we might get another large bookshelf to contain the spillover of DVDs we own.

    Sometimes, I really feel I'm living in a soap opera. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking (because I have ESPN): "But Steve, most social groups are like that." I agree with you. But most social groups don't deal with the same retarded issues and moronic complaints ALL the time, like a perpetual motion machine where motion equals something akin to dementia. It's only entertaining and fun for ME during those times when I’m not involved as some kind of focal point...which are few and far between. I joke about the whole scapegoat factor, but it's eerie just how much stuff I get blamed for, especially since I routinely go about my own business.

    @Everyone For Whom This Applies (They Know Who They Are): Attention, drama-queens and drama-kings...the year is now 2005. Even for the youngest among us, high school has been over for a LOOONG time, a span of several YEARS. Welcome to REAL LIFE. Please form an adult, SOCIALLY INTELLIGENT single-file line and join the rest of us here. :)

    I have been slacking on the sword-smithing. As in, I haven't done it yet. I need to build at least three - a short sword, a bastard sword, and a gladius. I would also like to rebuild the Buster. I need to do it if I wish to venture to Springfield/Kansas City to engage in combat with Tom and Jon (and whoever else is available/willing). I also promised Ben I would make him a sword. I swear as God as my witness, it will be done within the next couple of weeks.

    @Jon and Tom: We will do this...somehow. I crave both battle and your company.

    Heather's end-of-the-year party is coming up soon. BIG things are in the works for it, which is all I can say for now. Stay tuned for details.

    Quill's Final Thought (of the Blog):

    If we truly do live in a universe of chaos, something can be said for those of us that can tread water through it.

    --------------------------------------------
    Quill’s Ponder This:

    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

    Why DID the chicken cross the road?

    Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?

    (More retarded questions coming soon.) :)

    --------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Link(s) of the Blog:
  • The Bug Juice Mega-Forum

  • Bitter The Clown’s Happy Fun-Time Show


  • --------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Tunes: “Because Of You” - Nickelback

    Quote(s) of the Blog:

    “Society is one vast conspiracy for carving one into the kind of statue likes, and then placing it in the most convenient niche it has.” – Randolph Bourne

    "Okay...I'm not going to call you today." - Unnamed, and yet not unknown, frequent phone-caller

    (Hehehe...I have to be stopped...)

    Literary Quote of the Blog: "I have always maintained that the one important phenomenon presented by modern society is -- the enormous prosperity of Fools." – Wilke Collins, ‘No Name’

    --------------------------------------------------

    Word of the Blog: decry

    decry \dih-KRYE\ verb

    1 : to depreciate (as a coin) officially or publicly
    *2 : to express strong disapproval of

    Example sentence:
    My grandmother decried the laziness and disobedience that
    she insisted was becoming the norm among young people today.

    --------------------------------------------------
    And now, (as if you wanted it) the TRUTH:

  • Bush’s Poll Numbers Worst on Record

  • IRS Rigs the System in Favor of the Super-Rich

  • The Bush Syndrome: Dead Wrong and Proud of It


  • --------------------------------------------------
    On This Day In History – April 12th:

    1861: The American Civil War begins when Confederate troops open fire on Union-held Fort Sumter in South Carolina's Charleston Bay.

    1945: U.S. president Franklin D. Roosevelt, recently elected to a record fourth term in office, dies of a cerebral hemorrhage; Vice President Harry Truman is sworn in as president.

    1955: The polio vaccine prepared by U.S. physician Jonas E. Salk is released for general use in the United States.

    1961: Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, aboard Vostok 1, is the first man to travel to space; he makes one orbit of the earth during his 108-minute flight.

    1999: A U.S. District Court judge cites President Bill Clinton in contempt of court for lying under oath about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix