Monday, February 28, 2005

...after a week of nothing, something of substance...

…and we’re back!

Sorry about that week of lethargy on my part as far as posting.

Corey’s benefit went well. He raised $3,232 for his medical expenses. He also received news from his doctor, and announced it at the benefit: he has beaten cancer. Apparently, he doesn’t need chemo or anything else like that. This is quite possibly the best news ever.

Some of you may have noticed the trend of forum boards in recent months: Scott’s “Bug Juice” forum; my “KOQ Satire” forum; T-Bob’s “Evil Questions” forum; and others. Well, all of those forums have been condensed and amalgamated (that means merged as one, for you simple folk) into one, huge, “mega” forum. You can visit it here:
  • The Bug Juice Mega-Forum


  • Apparently, I sing like a tone-deaf greyhound, and I don’t know how to dress myself. I had no idea. But then again, I consider where (and especially who) that’s coming from, and I dismiss it as I would the opinions of a parrot on the subject of quantum physics (although, I give more credit to the parrot in terms of intelligence and social graces)…

    @Nix: Odd times persist for you, and in a very “Twilight Zone”-ish fashion. Perhaps I can bring a laugh to your day…
  • Click HERE, Nix.


  • Posch’s party was cool, for the time that we stayed. Heather was still under the weather, so we cut out because she wasn’t feeling well. It was nice to see Chuck, Posch, Katie, Kristin, Jason, Amber, Andrea, and Nix.

    Speaking of Amber, I wish her luck in her upcoming surgery. I know everything will go well, but I’m pulling for her anyway.

    Wednesday I go to watch ‘Smallville’ at Joe Behrens’ new place. From the blueprint he showed me, it looks to be very nice…

    Lissan’s blog is very nearly damn indecipherable (see this past Sunday’s entry). Trust me, you may want to go read it while packing Excedrin, Advil, or some other aspirin or non-aspirin pain-reliever handy.
  • Lissan's Blog


  • --------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Tunes: “Break Stuff” – Limp Bizkit

    Quote of the Blog: “Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.” - Democritus

    --------------------------------------------------

    Word of the Blog: desultory

    desultory • \DEH-sul-tor-ee\ • adjective

    *1 : marked by lack of definite plan, regularity, or purpose
    2 : not connected with the main subject
    3 : disappointing in progress, performance, or quality

    Example sentence:
    Sometimes, Quill’s quotes in his blog seem desultory in nature, and one must really think hard to grasp the TRUE connection to the day’s entries.

    --------------------------------------------------
    And now, some TRUTH for thought:

  • Supreme Court Refuses to Reconsider Abortion Rights Decision

  • Halliburton Wins in Iraq with $9.6 Billion & More

  • A Day in the Life of the Homeless in America
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix