Friday, February 18, 2005

...Cadence; conservative spin zones; fan mail; scapegoat syndrome...

(NOTE: This blog is very link-heavy. Several paragraphs have links in them, so you might want to move your cursor over them; make it a game, it'll be fun.)

It’s Friday, and I have several things to discuss.

Matt's band, Cadence (pronounced kay-dence), WON the Mehlville battle of the bands, Panther-palooza, last night! They were definitely the best band up there, IMHO; and on top of all of it, they weren't adequately prepared, either (i.e. no real practice before they had to perform). They also had to deal with technical difficulties, so they only got to play three songs. However, those songs rocked! Way to go Caydence, and way to go Matt!!

Next, about this “Jeff Gannon” issue. For those of you that don’t know, there was a guy going by this name in the White House pressroom. This man had NO journalism experience and a made-up identity. He works for a conservative publication with a VERY conservative agenda, and would report on White House related news with HEAVY spin on it. Bloggers, much like what I do here, ousted this guy, and he "mysteriously" goes on retreat. (That's right; run away, journalistic pretender...)

Now, this man got past White House security EVERY DAY. He was reporting news with tons of conservative spin on it, and was called on several times by Bush himself to ask questions. Sound fishy? You bet your sweet ass it does. So much for the so-called liberal media; sounds right-wing to ME. All these conservatives spewing off about a “liberal conspiracy” in the media, and they are just as bad with people like “Gannon” and Bill O’Reilly. Are we to believe that White House intel honestly had this guy pull the wool over their eyes and put biased, right-wing spin on the news? That “Gannon”, a man with no true background in reporting at all, was able to infiltrate that pressroom without someone turning a blind eye to it? I don’t think so. Just something for you all to chew on…

QUIL Breaking News:
It seems this ‘blog has actual fans. Yes, you heard that right. Check it:

Hi Steve,

I found your site and I think your writing on the Blog is pretty
good. Especially your stuff on George W. Bush - how did that evil
bastard get re-elected? ... we will all pay - the rest of our life.

Anyway, I noticed you are in the St. Louis area and that you listed the dibbukbox.com as a cool site to visit. I actually have the dibbuk box and it is in Northeast Missouri. Maybe someday I can let you have a look at it. It is real and bizarre. I really don't know how Sam Raimi (Spiderman, Hercules, Xena, and Evil Dead) found out about it nor why he, wants to make it into a movie - but if it will help tell the true story I guess it's okay. It will be like no horror story ever told before. First they have to get the screenplay written. Anyway, keep up the good writing. My Great Aunt lives on ______ off of ______.

Regards,
Jason

@Jason H.: As I said in my reply email, thanks for the kind words and the support for my little ranting space. I do hope I can keep it interesting and fresh. I would love the chance to see the dibbuk box…mad props to you, brother.

In other news, it seems that someone is trying to mess with Lissan and Jay Winkleman’s relationship…and trying to frame ME for doing it. Supposedly, this person has been calling and contacting Lissan’s brother, Vin, and feeding him all kinds of information about Jay’s shady past, his marriage, and the whole thing of what he did to Francesca. Whoever is doing it, as the story goes, is claiming to be me. Naturally, Vin tells Lissan that it’s me telling him this stuff, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

It’s bad enough that I’m a scapegoat in my own circle of friendships – now, I’m being the scapegoat in a situation that I’m not even a part of. The bitch of it is that it’s oh-so-easy to frame me, given my obvious animosity with Jay on his ‘blog and that damned Council Chambers. It doesn’t add up though: because I haven’t talked to Lissan’s brother since her and Erich were together, plus, I know NOTHING about Jay’s marriage. And, the most crucial point of proof – it’s uncharacteristic of me to sneak around about an issue like that. I’m proud of taking the moral highground with things, so I would admit it if I was doing something like that, especially with Jay.

Question’s latest comic strip is up; and I'm in it. It’s very funny.

@Nix: I know you’re on the road, bud. Perhaps this (hint, hint) will cheer your spirits… :)

Congratulations to Nix for his new and improved shorts. Scott, Joe, and Jason did a bang-up job helping him out, and hopefully this plant they’ve revived will bear some fruit. Too bad that fruit would be purchased for a maximum of $200 and then forever owned by Troma, but hey, Nix knows this going in.

--------------------------------------------------
Quilled Tunes: “Enough” – Gravity Kills

Quote of the Blog: “We build too many walls and not enough bridges.” – Sir Isaac Newton

--------------------------------------------------
Word of the Blog: fey

fey • \FAY\ • adjective
1 a chiefly Scottish : fated to die : doomed b : marked by a foreboding of death or calamity
2 a : able to see into the future : visionary b : marked by an otherworldly air or attitude c : crazy, touched
3 a : excessively refined : precious *b : quaintly unconventional : campy

Example sentence:
"Smocked silver jersey skirts came with frills and had a fey allure, as did the silver tennis dress and ruffled black chiffon dress trimmed with satin."

--------------------------------------------------
And now, time to take your dose of vitamin TRUTH:

  • Negroponte a Controversial Pick for Intelligence Post

  • Bush May Raise Taxes for Social Security

  • In High Gear: The GOP Class War

  • Terrorism, Evil, and Democracy

  • No Defense

  • A Hireling, a Fraud, and a Prostitute

  • CIA: Iraq War Helps Recruit Terrorists

  • The White House Stages Its “Daily Show”
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger NixEclips said...

    Now THAT is so funny I still laugh out loud for about 2 minutes. If you didn't click the link Quill had for me, you have to check it out. And if you don't know what's going on there, you should ask. So damn funny. Wow.

    And I'll be posting on my blog later tonight re: the TromaDance NY thing.

    8:19 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix