Monday, February 21, 2005

...Bitter The Clown's Happy Fun-Time Show; weekend recap...

I would like to take this time to promote my good friend Bitter The Clown’s Happy Fun-Time Show! Listen! Much fun will be had! I’m The Quilled One, and I approve this message.

Wednesdays @ 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM Central Standard Time. You can find it here and stream it from the internet:
  • The Growl: Bitter The Clown’s Happy Fun-Time Show


  • This weekend was excellent! Recap (REMIX!!!):

    Friday: Had a great day at work, got home, ate some dinner (leftover lasagna, YUM), and then went to a Wohlwend Elementary Trivia Night at Andre’s banquet center. Despite the crazy woman sitting next to Heather, everything was great there. Heather’s parents are always fun to hang with (whoa, never thought I’d say that about parents), as is Becky, Michelle, and the Blocks. Next time, I’m bringing MY parents, because then we’d probably WIN at trivia night. I know for a SOLID FACT that my mom and dad can take anyone else at trivia games. That goes for everyone I know (sorry Hizzy; while you’re the ‘hardcore’ queen of trivia, my mom is supreme being and GOD).

    Saturday: We deep cleaned the entire apartment, and got most of the computer room cleaned and sorted. Then, we had the party. It was awesome! We played this game that Amber has called “Pervert”, for which I won an extra point for doing something special. Scuba did it too, but that was only after I did it and it didn’t count. (Sorry, Scuba.) There was drinking, gaming, laughing, and generally a really good time. I’m glad everyone could make it!

    Sunday: I worked out with Ben. I was a really moderate workout; not the “kill myself completely” workouts that I’m accustomed to, but I didn’t want to kill Michelle’s husband. Ben did really well though; he went until he couldn’t lift anymore. I’m sore today, so I can only imagine how HE feels right now. Then, we watched Rocky 4, and went to Ted Drewes for ice cream. After that, Heather and I did laundry, got some sandwiches and salad for dinner, watched some movies, read together, and had some “us” time. I LOVE “us” time.

    @Heather: Sunday was great, babe. I love you.

    In other news, Joe is moving in a week to his new place with Angel; Scarlet Whore is back in action with a full band again; Nix got to submit his shorts to Troma.

    --------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Tunes: “Personal Jesus” – Lollipop Lust Kill

    Quote of the Blog: “Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh

    --------------------------------------------------
    Word of the Blog: tendentious

    tendentious • \ten-DEN-shus\ • adjective
    : marked by a tendency in favor of a particular point of view : biased

    Example sentence:
    I always suspected I was getting a highly tendentious version of the town's notorious family feud from my mother, who worked for one of the families for many years.

    --------------------------------------------------
    Joke of the Blog:

    A lady walks into a drug store and tells the pharmacist she needs some cyanide. The pharmacist said, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?"

    The lady then explained she needed it to poison her husband.

    The pharmacist's eyes got big and he said, "Lord have mercy, I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband! That's against the law! I'll lose my license, they'll throw both of us in jail and all kinds of bad things will happen! Absolutely not, you can NOT have any cyanide!"

    Then the lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife. The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, "Well now, you didn't tell me you had a prescription."

    --------------------------------------------------
    And now, can you handle the TRUTH?:

  • FYI: Experts See Military Draft as Inevitable

  • The Question Will Not Be Asked

  • Social Security: Bush Plan Is Riskiest for Poor

  • When The Real News Debunks Fake News

  • Homeland Security Leaves Major Ports Poorly Defended
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix