Monday, January 10, 2005

...prologue...

Well, the big guy's night went down Saturday. There's only ONE word to really describe how everything went: success. I have to say, it was one of the best parties I've ever been to. Many things happened that were outright hilarious and fun...which I will not speak of here. At any rate, it was one for the books, a truly legendary party. The next time we throw a guy's night like that, we're going to make sure Question can come into town for it, as well as Tom and Jon. We're also going to throw a similiar party for everyone sometime in the near future (yes, that includes the girls).

One thing I will say about the party (the only thing) is that it is now a proven fact that, when supplied with enough food, Quill is in the upper echelon of drinkers. Scott and I were the only two guys there who literally drank from 5 pm to 6 am, non-stop, and DIDN'T become completely wasted. It was both satisfying and disappointing. (On a side note, Beaver did well for being him, but he was passing in and out there for awhile.)

@Spawn: Hey, what can I say? We kicked ass. :)

We still have the task of emptying the rest of the keg. Perhaps some of that will be done this week.

"Hizzy Factor" - the effect of telling the Hizzy something, which she then takes out of context, makes assumptions and misconstrues, and then spreads around the rumor mill. (Had to do it.)

Tonight is hamburger and fries night at the homestead. I can't wait, as Heather's homemade burgers are excellent and yummy. When I think about it, words like 'delicious' come to mind.

Quilled Tunes: "Fear" - Disturbed

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you had fun at your "sausage fest." I am also glad that you are excited about dinner tonight. Thanks for the compliment.

Heather

12:29 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Just to let you know, you didn't ask me to stop using the phrase "Hizzy Factor". You said to drop it, i.e. the situation. You mentioned nothing about that phrase. (See what happens when you assume, kids?)

However, that's a mere technicality. Because you've asked (now), I will be respectful and stop posting that definition. I posted it a second time because I think it's an amusingly ACCURATE definition for what you do. (It's almost like rumors are your anti-drug or something.) Basically, it was for my own amusement...

...BUT...

...from now on, that will be the phrase that I will use when this kind of thing happens again. Perhaps that will be an incentive for it not to happen.

P.S. Contrary to your "justifications", I really DID NOT get in trouble or reprimanded. I was asked - nicely - to cut down on the amount of phone calls. That is all. I TOLD you this, right off the bat. Beaver comes to me and says he heard I got chewed out at work - from YOU. You can try to justify it all you like; the bottom line is, it's the "Hizzy Factor" at work. :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger NixEclips said...

Ooooo...Let's play the Telephone Game!!!
Read the following words and then close the window as soon as you've read them, then send your interpretation to someone else in Bug Juice, and so on.

" When Nix' dog died, he went to the zoo and watched a monkey throw shit at his mothers' purse, which was blue."

Nix says: Both of you knock it off.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Best intentions aside...

A) Nix has nothing to do with this and is not involved.

B) Since I'm the one that is justified here, I will decide when to "knock it off" (which I have, since I was asked to).

I appreciate the attempt at playing moderator; but it's not wanted/needed here. Go play the babysitter card somewhere else, please.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Oh, FYI - the comment above this one was in a half-jesterly tone...no spin. :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix