Wednesday, January 05, 2005

...notes about nothing...

I took the title from the Seinfeld dvd sets. I love that show and those dvds.

Went to Scott's place last night, watched Chronicles of Riddick. He actually liked it. Also pinned down almost everything concerning guy's night.

Tonight, Smallville, and Beaver will be joining us.

The people over at Gray Design don't know how to label their specs. I'm disliking doing this painting take-off, due to the notes being so...confusing and all over the place. Could you guys have made these drawings any MORE difficult to interpret?

Quilled Tunes: "Something In The Way" - Nirvana

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve:

Although I'm not involved in construction, I do make things for a living. I find there are two ways to handle vague requirements in software:

1. Ask the customer straight up--say you're a little confused and see if you can get some clarity. The customer may not be 100% happy about it, but they'll be a lot less happy if the finished product is crap.

2. Take a good stab at figuring it out, and then run that by the customer.

Hope that helps. Keep in mind that if I screw something up programming-wise, it's typically not too bad to fix.

-Tom

5:13 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Tom,

Hey man...thanks for the advice. It wasn't so much that it was impossible for me to understand the specs and notes; Gray Design just has a very whacked out and obscure way of labelling things like that. It all but doubles the time taken to decipher it. It's all good though. From what I hear, Gray has that rep with all the Contactors, so it's not like I'd be the only guy calling with a "WTF?" or two.

Thank you for the advice though. :)

Steve

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix