Monday, December 13, 2004

...funny, I have no title for this one...

Beaver, I know you finally took it upon yourself to come forth and apologize to Heather for things said. I know that she didn't speak with you as you thought she would. I know you may be thinking that Heather is unreasonable and unfair.

I want you to know that even though your apology came a little later than most, I congratulate you on doing it. I also want you to know that Heather and I got into a big fight over this just about twenty minutes ago. I yelled at her for being so short with you, and for not giving you a chance to at least say that you were sorry. I just wanted you to know that, before you go and say I don't stick up for my friends or something, or claim I take Heather's side in everything. I DID speak up for you.

Look, man - for Heather, you crossed a line. You really hurt her by saying the things you did. Not to bring up old shit, but this isn't the first time, or even the tenth, that you've done that to her. She gets more mad about the countless times you dog on me like you did in this latest situation. She gets mad at how "events" and "misunderstandings" just like this recent one happen with great frequency between us. Oh sure, I'm at fault as much as you are for them, be it miscommunication or saying something out of anger. But when the smoke clears, I have apologized. You always take a little while for that. And I'll tell you this - I realized something.

I constantly argue my viewpoint on why I don't hang with Joe D. anymore. I say that I won't carry a grudge, but I can't be stabbed in the back anymore. Everyone understands this, and why wouldn't they? After all, that's a pretty strong and valid point. But tonight, I got in a fight with my wife for feeling the same way in this situation, and for me to fault her for it would be hypocritical.

Right now, Heather is that way with you. On more than one occasion, you have gone off on her about me, her, or something involving me; you've treated her in a less-than-respectful manner several times. She feels stepped on by you and she feels that forgiving yet again would be allowing herself to be walked on.

For anyone that might think that Heather is being unfair, consider that she doesn't want to be walked on anymore. Each of us has that right to stand up for themselves like that, and many of us have. I can't and don't blame Heather for feeling the way she does. I don't wish to hear that Heather is being unfair, either; she is not being unfair. She is tired of this same deal happening between herself and Dan.

Dan...you and I have a long history of friendship between us. I will say that as of late, you haven't always been kind about things between you and I. I don't want there to be any trouble between us. I don't want us to be enemies. But I need you to understand that you DID act unfairly to Heather and she DID take great offense to that, and she has made a personal decision to not forgive and forget. I support her in that. I don't support her because she's my wife; I support her because I can't blame her for feeling that way. Neither can you, because YOU were the one that did it. I am your friend; out of respect for our tenure of friendship and because I am uber-forgiving in nature, I begrudgingly forgive you (again), but we still need to talk. I myself am also growing tired of this.

Heather, I am very sorry that this had to be something for us to fight about. Understand that I've never had to battle out over loyalties before, and I was confused and angry and upset. I love you, and I understand why you feel the way you do about this, and I will defend it and support it.

Dan, as I said before - it should be commended that you did apologize. I recognize that. But you must understand that sometimes lines are crossed and it's hard to go back.

To everyone who reads my blog - I posted this because I wanted there to be perfect clarity about this situation. Our group is a group where rumors spread like wildfire, and I wanted you all to not only understand what my viewpoints were, but to also understand Heather's. I wanted everyone to be able to hear this from the source, instead of through the Juice-vine.

I know some are tired of hearing about it. But you know what? I have kept it off of the boards. I do not discuss it with anyone unless they ask me about it. This is Quilled Scripts, my personal blog journal, and I felt like addressing it. I apologize if you didn't want to hear/read about it, but then again, you opened the browser, did you not?

Quilled Tunes: "Trapped Under Ice" - Metallica

3 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

Dude...I did stick up for you and fought with Heather about it; but this blog ISN'T defending you against her. What you did was wrong, and it's not the first time you've done it. You stepped on her toes one too many times, and I don't blame her AT ALL for not giving you yet another chance here. I support her decision in this.

Yes, I did explain the misunderstanding. If this had been your first offense, it would be a different story. But you keep doing this kind of shit, and I'm also getting tired of it.

Congratulations on FINALLY getting around to apologizing; but don't start acting like you're not at fault in this, because you are.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Due to all of this nonsense, i have lost all trust in most people, including my husband. I'm sorry but in this group of friends, there is no one who i truly trust. Some say Dan started all this, some say Andrea started all of this.

I dont care who started it anymore. The fact is that someone i called "friend" did. how could a "friend" do that to another "friend?" They wouldn't. so i now i dont really have any friends except for Michelle and Becky because i know they would never pull this kind of crap or start this kind of shit. It's not worth it to me.

Dan, you may have tried to apologize, but i'm sorry. Its a little late. Steve may let people walk all over him, but not me. I've learned through this that people will say anything to not get blamed for something and then turn their backs on "friends" and talk shit. Whatever. Be immature. I am 26 years old and I am through with high school games.

Heather

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your support Phoenix. Of course i consider you a friend and i am really glad that we have gotten a chance to get closer over the past couple of weeks. Tuesdays do rock!! Finally some friends that i can have adult conversations with and yet still be goofy!!!

Heather

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix