Thursday, June 01, 2006

In Response To Beaver's Thoughts

I have worked 16 plus hours straight with no break, no rest, and no food, thank you. It sucked.

Which is why I said I agree with you being angry about it.However, I merely pointed out that there's such a thing as picking your battles. Speaking up and standing up for yourself is a powerful and positive thing, but it can also fuck you if you don't go about it the right way.

Like I told you, if you are fine with saying what you said to your boss, that's on you, bud. I merely said that it probably wasn't the smartest route to take, considering that they are your ONE and ONLY job related to your career choice at this point and time. You depend on a good reference and you NEED the experience on your resume.

And, by the way, I don't pride myself on being mistreated; I pride myself on the manner in which I conducted myself professionally, which paid off in the long run.

I encourage you to keep speaking your mind. But like anything else, the power that comes with being so self-confident comes with the responsibility to hold your tongue when necessary.

You almost sound as if I'm trying to control and silence you. As if I seek to hold you back in some way. Far from it. I said what I said to you out of concern for your career, and your well-being; it's hard in the market we're in for people who want to work IN THEIR FIELD, and job experience and good references are priceless.

Kudos to your stance at having a voice; but don't fuck yourself with it is all I'm trying to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix