Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Maturity: Kid Practiced, Mother Assumed

We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until we move from the passive voice to the active voice -- that is, until we stop saying "It got lost," and say "I lost it." - Sydney J. Harris

Well, at least I was adult and apologized out of respect. Apparently, that's a difficult thing to do for some people, admitting when they're wrong. And just think - I didn't even owe anyone an apology. How appalling that I would expect such common courtesy...!

Ben and Michelle are moving into their new home this coming Friday. I haven't seen the inside yet, but the outside looks pretty nice. Hopefully, this house is everything they want and something they can be pleased and happy with. Congrats guys!

Also, Heather's end of the year bash is this Saturday. I know, I know, usually I advertise it on Quilled Scripts about a month in advance, but for some reason I just never posted about it before now.

The plan is to snag dinner at Tequilas, then back to our place for some free drinking, and then most likely going out to some sort of club or something, possibly M.P. O'Reilly's. The past few years, we've held the entire thing at our apartment, but our current downstairs neighbors complain about noise and they have a new baby, so rather than piss them off, we're changing it up a bit this time. Hopefully you all can join us!

You never really know how complicated house hunting can be until you dive into it. At least we know that when we find the "dream" house, it's going to kick all possible ass. Whether it comes with the house, or we have to build/buy it ourselves, I will have my "Quill Zone" basement - bar/party area, workout area, and, if room, theatre area (if there's no room, that'll be elsewhere). I won't bore you with all the details of my machinations - I want them to be somewhat of a surprise anyway, he he. QUILLCADE you guys already know about; there is much more to it than that. Right, Spawn? :)

Tonight, Matt has his high school graduation. I met this kid when he was 10 years old. Pretty unbelievable.

Last night was karaoke at Helen Fitzgerald's on Lindberg. Good news, both Nix and I got to karaoke for once, which we never do anymore; great news, Nix gave some girl his number, and she was genuinely interested, she made sure she had the right number and everything; bad news, the guy who runs the show at Helen's on Tuesdays has one of the most limited and shitty collections of songs I've seen. It's mostly just country, hip-hop, and oldies...not really my style. (In hindsight, I think I've been spoiled rotten with Murph's extensive and massive collection. You gotta admit, it's hard to beat those guys at Sight-N-Sound...)

Not much else to report. Movies and music are priming to explode, as in burning them from people. I need to get a big external drive to keep stuff on and use for transporting, as well as build the server for future purposes.

A brief word about Meatloaf: it is still moving forward. Right now, the script is almost done. I know we've been saying that, but it's true. Keep in mind that this thing will take some cash, so we're thinking if everyone were to set aside $1.00 per week and be willing to donate $4.00 a month, it would add up and really make a difference. This is completely optional, however, understand that if we do this, we might as well do it right and invest a little effort into it. Basically, the bulk of whatever cash would be going toward gore effects - fake blood, fake flesh, etc. There might be some other things, but mostly the effects.

Jay and Lissan are no more - which was old news even when Heather found out and told me not even a week ago. At least Lissan is free of that asshole's lies; the new girl Jay is fawning over in his blog, however, is not. Oh well, it's a guarantee that she'll be played and learn her lesson in the long run. Talk about leading a formulaic life! - meet a girl, pretend to be a good guy and get her "hooked" on you, have your fun, get bored, cheat on her for awhile before either dumping her or getting caught cheating, repeat. Forever.

@Lissan: Sorry you had to learn this the hard way. At least now the healing process can begin.

Now that I've typed you a book, I must take my leave once again. Stay safe, stay friendly, and stay mature (for those that maturity applies to).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Heh. Ow, ow, stop...)

Quilled Tunes: "Falling" - Staind

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF you are waiting for me to apoligize>> I have nothing to apoligize for.. our opinions are just that.. opinions...!!!
RG

7:31 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Roxy, as I said, whether or not you choose to be mature and give an apology rightly deserved and owed is completely up to you.

Lissan, I don't think it's gonna be so hard to gain friends back. I'm not really sure you lost as many as you think.

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Steve for the Congrats!!! Anytime you guys are more then welcome to come over and visit, your like family :) Thanks for having us over for Heathers end of the year party, had alot of fun. Cant wait till Friday when you guys come over. See you soon.

Ps. Hope that your movie is good Monday! Talk at ya later. :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Anytime Michelle...thanks for the comment!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix