Thursday, June 16, 2005

Thursday. (this 'day of the week' title pattern will end after tomorrow, I promise)

Turns out, I was wrong again. What I said on Tuesday about things being quiet on the high school bullshit front was incorrect; it's not that things had stopped, I just wasn't hearing about them for a few days. You've gotta admire the dedication to doing it all day, every day, though. Wait, on second thought, no you don't. (It's not of grave enough importance to explain...if you need to know, or I want you to know, you will be told soon enough.)

I'm going to be receiving six new CDs VERY soon, and Heather is also recieving one as well, four of which were free. They're listed below, along with other recent purchases that occured last night (I love new stuff):

Soulfly - Soulfly (CD)
Chevelle - Point #1 (CD)
Chimaira - Pass Out Of Existence (CD)
Chimaira - The Impossibility Of Reason (CD)
Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing (CD)
Spineshank - Self Destructive Pattern (CD)
Eraser (DVD)
Assassins (DVD)
Rush Hour (DVD)
Ciara - Goodies (Heather's CD)

There's also some other goodies forthcoming, so stay tuned for that...

Just as Scott is compiling an MP3 archive, so am I - for the MP3 jukebox portion of Quillcade. He and I are, of course, swapping our archives, so I am also going to be requesting some archival time with most of you as well. I've already spoken to many of you off-blog about this matter, but I'm posting it anyway.

In case some of you don't know what a Quillcade is, it's an "arcade" machine that I'm going to be constructing (with a LOT of help from Joe; actually, since I don't know what I'm doing, it's more like he'll be getting a little help from ME) that will act as an arcade game machine/MP3 jukebox/karaoke station - which I am calling Quillcade. The goal of the MP3 part is to have as wide a variety as possible to select from at parties, thus eliminating any disputes over what to play.

(Joe B. is really fucking cool with the way he's going to help me do this; if it wasn't for him, it probably couldn't happen as I am technologically retarded when it comes to actually building something like this. Eternal kudos and mucho thanks in advance, Joseph.)

I know the post before this one is political, and I apologize. I felt the need to post it because, really, I grew up watching shows like Mister Rogers and Sesame Street, and feel things like that are essential to at least very young children. And now, their trying to cut those kind of public entertainment down. Like Spawn says: Don't we have better fights to fight? If you would, just take a few scant seconds and sign your name to the petition (which you can get to by clicking on the title of this blog)...please.


Quilled Tunes: "Surefire" - Econoline Crush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix