Thursday, January 13, 2005

...employment utopia; Royal Prestige; ANOTHER X-Mas gift?!; Corey's Benefit Event...

Now we're getting into the swing of things again, with regular blog updates. Here's what's going on with me lately...

I'm learning more and more at my job. I really love working here, and I actually look forward to coming into the office every day. As most of you can guess, it's a good sign when you thrill to come to work. I don't even want to take any days off I love it so much. For me, that's weird, because I've never had a job that I didn't want a day or two off of.

Speaking of work, I'm helping out with more projects and getting faster at my own little ventures that Doug gives me. As it turns out, I'm better at this than I gave myself credit for.

After much internal and external debate and discussion, I have opted not to go to Erich's bachelor party. I feel that my being there would ruin Erich's good time, due to the fact that he has a major hate on for me, and no guy should have problems at their big send-off. Lord knows I didn't, and things went awesome. The other part of it is just not wanting to go, for varying reasons, but that's another can or worms that I won't open here. I only mention it because, sadly, there is a rumor mill and I want to state the real deal without any spin pre-emptively. (And no, Andrea, I wasn't targeting YOU when I said that just now...although now I kind of did. Oops. Oh well.) :)

Heather and I are doing some bridal shows for Scott's father, the money from which will go into savings. This will bring Heather and I that much closer to our home. On top of that, bridal shows are fun. I get to be friendly and have some fun and sign people up for some trips. This time without breaking any dishes. Don't worry about it. Boo-yah!

The Rocky Anthology - 6 DVD collectors set - should be reaching me sometime in the next week or so. That's yet another section of movies for the perpetually increasing collection. This is my Christmas present to myself, as I've wanted to get the Rocky films for quite awhile now. Speaking of Christmas gifts, I've decided to post Heather's list. Not today, though. That's later. Let me tell you - if people were impressed by MY haul...oh man, just wait until you check out how Heather did. ;)

Corey's benefit night is coming up. The man of Sight-N-Sound karaoke himself, Steve "Murph" Murphy, is hosting it. Here's the info straight from the email he sent out:

Date: Saturday February 26, 2005
Time: 8PM-1AM
Where: O'Leary's on S. Lindbergh between Gravois and Watson
What: Fundraiser for Corey-- Karaoke & more!
How:
- $10 tickets, available in advance or at the door (Advance prefered in case someone no shows! (300 Available)
- 50/50 drawing-- $1 tickets will be available now until the end of the event. These are available to all, and we'd be happy to let you take some to work, bowling, school, etc to sell if you can help! We have 2,000 tix to sell.
- Silent Auction- More will be known as items are donated. Nothing too cheezy hopefully. :) Suggested items included sports tickets and/or memorbelia, video games/accessories, computers, and starving artists works. :)
Contact: Questions? Email "Murph" at steve@stevemurphy.net or call him at (314) 249-8686.

Obviously, this benefit night is to get Corey some much-needed scratch to do something about his huge medical debt. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, I would answer your question with MY question about whether you've been living under a rock lately. Recap: Corey got testicular cancer; Corey had his right testicle surgically removed; Corey needs larger surgeries in the future; Corey is the opposite of a millionaire and has a mounting debt because of all this, so this benefit night is to raise money for him. Bam. There it is.

-------------------------------------------------
Quilled Tunes: "The Big Fuck You" - Brainshift
(If you haven't checked out Brainshift yet, shame on you. You're missing out. Click the link below:
  • Brainshift
  • )

    -------------------------------------------------
    Quote of the Blog: "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

    -------------------------------------------------
    Quilled Spotlight Link:
  • O'Reilly Sucks.com

  • (Bill O'Reilly is a right-wing, republican conservative that puts spin on fact (hmm, sounds familiar) to reach an agenda of the same position. This site exposes and debunks that spin. Thank god there are sites like this for the TRUTH.)

    -------------------------------------------------
    Joke of the Blog:
    An unemployed guy got a new job at the zoo. They offered him to dress up in a gorilla's skin and pretend to be a gorilla so people will keep coming to the zoo.

    On his first day on the job, the guy puts on the skin and goes into the cage. The people all cheer to see him. He starts really putting on a show, jumping around, beating his chest and roaring.

    During one acrobatic attempt, though, he loses his balance and crashes through some safety netting, landing square in the middle of the lion cage! As he lies there stunned, the lion roars. He's terrified and starts screaming, "Help, Help!"

    The lion races over to him, places his paws on his chest and hisses, "Shut up or we'll both lose our jobs!"

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix