Wednesday, August 17, 2005

...elementary, my dear bloggers (the riddle is revealed)...

And now, the mystery will be revealed! I posted a riddle last Friday, with a challenge to all comers to try to solve it…and promised that, by today at the latest, I would post the answer, as well as address each answer given.

That time has come. One last time, here is my Quilled conundrum:

“When things don’t go exactly my way, I throw a tantrum.

If I see things that others have and I do not, I become jealous.

I routinely turn everything into a competition.

I blame others for my mistakes and problems, rather than accept responsibility for them myself.

I work always to be the center of attention.

I believe that I am better than others.

My friends are few and far between due to my behavior.

Who am I?”



ANSWER: A very spoiled child.


So simple. So obvious. And yet, confusing and generic enough to pull the proverbial wool over the ol’ eye sockets. Now to address the masses:

Sohei, your guess was ‘every Republican ever’…I have to admit, it’s hard to argue with the logic of that statement, especially given the past couple of years worth of travesties. Therefore, I’ve accepted that as an abstract secondary answer.

Nix, your guess? ‘The human race.’ Again, it’s a good answer. And, about half the people you meet on the street can have these qualities, as we’ve undoubtedly witnessed first-hand. Thus, we have the third answer, also abstract, but more so than sohei’s guess.

Heather, your answer was ME – har-har. Definitely a wrong answer, but probably a smartass joke on your part, which is why I married you in the first place and also why I love you. [Thank you for keeping the answer under wraps for me, sexy...]

Frannie, your answer was either Erich or Jay. While I cannot deny that the both of them routinely display most – if not ALL – of these qualities, the answer unfortunately wasn’t that specific.

Hizzy, your answer was also either Erich or Jay. See above. You later gave yet a third answer, that it was ME. See above.

Beaver, your guess was that it was Erich. Again, it can’t be denied that Erich has shown all of the above on a daily basis, but the answer wasn’t that specific. (Actually, Beaver was divulged the answer yesterday after lunch, due to the fact that he bought me an early birthday gift. Thanks for keeping the answer a secret for me, bro – I appreciate it.)

That’s all she wrote, folks. Thank you all so much for playing – this was certainly fun. Perhaps soon I will have more riddles for you all. Until next time.


Quilled Tunes: “Nightmare” – Dry Kill Logic


P.S. For those of you that guessed the answer was Erich (at any point) – man, you guys sure are obsessed with Erich Mueller…*wink*

3 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

Oh come now...it was funny hehe. And you were kinda right in a way, ya know?

9:00 AM  
Blogger NixEclips said...

Yay! I get it right, even though I kinda got it wrong, or something.

Nix says: Any fool should have known it wasn't as obvious as Erich. Oh. Sorry. Didn't just say that.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Thankee sai. :)

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix