Tuesday, November 23, 2004

...drama continues, and I may yet have a role to play...

Hey boys and girls, another posting.

@Heather: Can't wait for tonight...

The Seinfeld DVD sets of the first three seasons came out today. Heather and I go to purchase them tonight. *drools* Hey, what can I say? It's a damn good and funny show...and I'm addicted to it.

Work is going awesome; I'm becoming more and more involved in some of the bigger projects, and I'm continuing to learn more and more as I go. I'm also almost ready to begin that rumored data-base building task here...I think...

In other news, Nix is being threatened. This guy, Sean (who sounds like a cool guy in general), is threatening him because of comments he originally made towards Allister Crowley and the religion of Thelema. Now, I'm Christian, and I'm forever listening to people diss MY beliefs and faith, so I give people the curtousy of not dissing theirs. So, it irks me just a tad when someone does that to someone else. Hell, Nix wasn't even really serious - he disses on everything, which is much like my way with things. Apparently, with Thelema, you can hex and curse people, which is another thing being threatened besides the physical violence. There were some other things, such as belief that Nix almost got Scott arrested, and that he was abusing Beaver, but mainly, it all stemmed from a joke made about Crowley. Do I dare risk crossing and being "cursed" by an angry Thelemite - or a congregation of Thelemites - by taking a stand against such an injustice?...

...you bet your sweet ass I do. 1) Nix is my friend, and I don't like it when my friends get threatened with death and curses for NO GOOD REASON. 2) I don't think it's cool to chastize someone for their personal view of a faith system, especially when YOUR faith system is in a minority to begin with and preaches tolerance of differences. Funny how everything Thelemites seem to hate about Christians and their hypocrisy is being echoed here.

Now, Amanda, Scott's girlfriend, is a Thelemite and in Sean's temple. She might get pissy about my stance on this, due to a loyalty factor, so let me make something clear: I'm not out to dog on or attack Thelema. I have ultimate tolerance for practically every faith system I've come across, even if I completely disagreed with it. This isn't a threat from me to the religion, the temple, Sean or others. However, as I said, Nix is my friend - and as the new 'Juicer', surrogate family to me - and it doesn't matter to me if you're Jewish, Catholic, Atheist, Satanist, Thelemite, Wiccan, Pagan, or whatever; no one threatens my own without damn good reason. No one.

And lest some think that I have nothing to combat with - yeah, you just keep on thinking that.

@Nix: I have your back 2,000,000% in this...and if they so much as lay a finger - astral or otherwise - on you or yours, I will bring this fight to their doorstep.

Quilled Tunes: "In The End" - Linkin Park

Quote of the Blog: "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

*UPDATE* Dave is on board now as well. Dare I say that Nix has mad backing with just us two as it is - and that more 'Juicers' will follow suit? Heh. You bet your sweet ass I do...

:)

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, now, first of all I'm not pissy about your comments. I think they may be a little irrational because the situation was not about Crowley at all. But hey, whatever.

Secondly, and most importantly, I'M NOT THELEMIC!!!!!!
Celtic? Yes. Gypsy? Yes. Thelemic? Hardly. :)

Amanda

9:02 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

Sorry to lump you into Thelema like that, then.

And, I realize now it wasn't all about Crowley, but Sean is still threatening actual death upon a guy for no good reason; in the end, the reasoning matters little compared to standing up for what's right. :)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix