Monday, November 22, 2004

...Cape Trip Aftermath...

@Heather: I am more proud of you than you know. Even though you’re not exactly where you want to be, you’re still making it. Things will work out for you; do not give up. I am there for you no matter what stresses you go through; I will never abandon you. In my eyes, my successes pale in comparison to yours. I love you.

Well, my weekend experience with Beaver in Cape was both fun and interesting. Here’s the recap:

Friday:

I left St. Louis around 6 pm and got there around 7:45. I got there; passed Beaver’s apartment building once, doubled back, and I had arrived. Beaver’s apartment was…disgusting. He hadn’t cleaned the place since he moved in at the beginning of the semester. That is not a joke. The bathroom, the sinks, everything was filthy. We went to dinner at Applebee’s, and then I forced Beaver to go to Wal-mart for cleaning supplies. Then, I taught Dan a thing or two about keeping his shit clean. He seemed very grateful and into it, so I see it as a good thing. We visited a couple of bars (more like dives) and then ended up going BACK to Wal-mart for even MORE cleaning stuff and a BED for me to sleep on (I had planned on sleeping on the floor, but that was disgusting too, and Dan couldn’t buy a vacuum). We found a surprisingly comfortable camping cot for around $34. We watched Friday part 7.

Saturday:

We woke up, and went to eat. Then, we visited the comic shop and Len. We went to Hastings. We hung out at Dan’s place after that, watching TV, joking back and forth, and then watching a movie. We then went to dinner with Len at this barbeque place. After that, more hanging around Dan’s place, reminiscing about old times, and me taking Dan’s paintballs guns apart for amusement. Around 11, we went to hang out at a party some of Dan’s friends were throwing. I allowed Dan to talk me into making that most evil of drinks, the Annihilator. This drink severely messed up one of Dan’s friends, Alex, and it also put the hurt on the two of us as well. Whenever I drink heavy like that, I always say to myself, “I’m never drinking again.” I swear, this last time makes me seriously consider it for real. Anyone who’s had this drink understands the potency of it, the shear alcoholic Armageddon that runs rampant through your body when you drink it. It’s the drink of the Apocalypse; the four horsemen weren’t cutting it, so they got fired and replaced with the Annihilator.

Sunday:

Woke up around 1 pm. Went to eat. Rested more for the drive home. Came home. Had dinner with my beautiful and wonderful wife. Felt sick for most of the day. End weekend sequence.

And that was my trip. It was good to visit Beaver; he really seemed to appreciate it. I recommend the rest of you find time to go visit him sometime. He now has a bed for you to sleep on, anyway. And hopefully, a better sense of the concept of clean.

There's a website that Jay posted on his blog, called "Sorry Everybody". Basically, it's a site where you can post pictures of yourself apologizing to the rest of the world for the re-election of Dubya The Idiotic. I'm going to join it. Damn right we owe an apology to everyone; after all, 51% of our nation are responsible for every shitty thing he does for the next four years, and it's a guarenteed fact that he WILL do shitty things.
  • Sorry Everybody


  • Quilled Tunes: “Soul Creation” - Cinder

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix