Thursday, July 01, 2004

...reflection...

Most blogs I read are very interesting, filled with reflections of inner thoughts and pondering, as well as an outlet for emotion or frustrations. My blog has bordered on the edge of doing that, but for the most part, there isn't alot of reflection that goes on here...I guess you could say that I'm not one of the world's foremost thinkers by any means. In fact, I can be downright slow and stupid sometimes, and for the most part pretty simplistic. Sometimes...it's hard knowing that. Because to KNOW you are sometimes the dullest tool in the room and don't quite "get" things is daunting to the mind. I mean, am I an intelligent person? Yes, so I've been told. I certainly graduated college with high grades; and I have social graces and a high level of maturity that a lot of my peers haven't reached yet. I also have a lot of street smarts, so I've been told. On the other hand, I'm not the biggest trivia buff, in fact, I suck at trivia games; I could maybe answer one question out of a million in a sitting. However, I've always seen trivia games as proof that you have a stockpile of facts stored in your mind and are good at finding them and regurgitating them when called upon to, not really a gauge of how much intelligence you have going for you. But I'm getting off topic...

Anyway, I guess I'm just a simple man with a pretty black and white way of to-the-point thinking, but it's worked for me so far, and with very complaints. Bam! Reflection of the self! Man, sorry if that sucked and wasn't too interesting, but what did you want to hear?

My former friend Joe has decided to stay with his extramaritally-inclined wife who almost lost them their children to DFS while he was in Iraq...Neat! The world is filled with stupid people, and I know two of them at least. What I said above is the abridged version of that story, and I won't go into it because it could cause retardation in anyone that reads it...I'm not kidding, I've heard some stupid stories in my life but this one, hell, this whole situation from origin to now is just fucked up beyond anything I could easily describe. Those in the know, know what I mean, and they're probably sorry they know about it as well.

Also...A word on confrontation and conflict in social settings. Some people seem to enjoy a situation of tension and conflict. It goes so far as to say that they want a confrontation or a conflict for the benefit of amusement, because "it keeps things
exciting, that's for sure." In a social setting, when a conflict would cause problems in a group of friends...it's always best to avoid it unless it's absolutely necessary. And in this situation, it's NOT necessary. Or should I say WASN'T necessary. But hey, that's been taken out of our hands, hasn't it? Because the cat has been let out of the bag and that ball has been set rolling, like it or not...just to force people who are "afraid of a little confrontation or a little squabbling" to deal with a problem in a way that someone else deemed was the right way to handle things. Well, thanks for the assist! Sound high-schoolish? You're right, it does...like the school councilor in reverse stepped in on a fight that wasn't happening in the first place to start one up. In a nutshell, the grand-facilitator of high-school drama strikes again, like a scourge in the night, spreading conflict and confrontation through the land...*sigh* (And that's not to say that a conflict WILL occur, it's just to say there wouldn't have been a chance for conflict if it wasn't for this.)

Oh yeah, and the fourth is coming up...happy fourth everyone! Have some fun and blow some stuff up!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Some people don't need inner reflection to realize what they're thinking or feeling. I am one of those people who needs it, but lacks it majorly.

And quiz games, to me, are like going to school. You learn a bunch of stuff to regurgitate it later, like you said about quiz games. I don't know much either.

Some people are just lucky guessers. :p

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix