Friday, May 21, 2004

a new chapter begins...

Well, I now have a job in my field. After two long and exasperating years, I now have a place where my degree can be put to use. And, I also now have a Blog. Always kind of wanted to set something up like this, just never did it before now (and to those who may think this action has it's base out of imitating certain people, you couldn't be more wrong...just thought I'd mention that, for reasons I'm sure we all know too well at this point). Anyway, yippie for me, I have a real job now.

Heather and I are going on a trip to Hannibal this weekend. We actually leave tonight. I'm excited; we've got a room with a friggin' jet tub in it. All sorts of nice things happening to me now, I'm almost waiting for lightening to strike or a big guy with steel teeth and a tattoo that reads "MOTHER (sorry I killed you)" to beat the crap out of me. But hey, maybe good things ARE in my future; although after two years of being shit on by fate, as it seemed to be the case, it's new and unfamiliar to have it the other way.

Watched the Nick Berg video yesterday. I wish I hadn't. Not that I was reduced to a muling baby by it, it's just not the type of thing I should have ever WANTED to see. But as someone knows the saying already, "It's like a train about to hit you and you need to jump out of it's way, but you don't; because you can't." Anyway, I'm ok with the whole thing; it's not like it traumatized me for life, it was just sick. Makes me almost glad we're still over there. Almost. Jason Voorhees is much more humane in his beheadings...

Anyway, now a note about social graces and general social practices: if you have a problem with someone, go to them about it, or if you can't bring it to them directly, at least do it indirectly. Hell, just do it somehow. You all know what I'm saying, right? I should hope so. By the way, there will be a quiz on that later in life, several times, kiddies. Lessons are good to learn, eh?

Well, I'd like to personally thank my hell-spawned friend for pointing me in the direction of "blogging" (ew, kinda sounds like a perverse act, doesn't it? Oh well, since when do I fear perversion??). FYI, if you don't know the Kool-Aid guy, how else would you have that glass of kool-aid? Just get some shit and make shit-aid, I guess...

Seacrest, ou--oh wait. Nevermind. Later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

You're welcome for the pointing. Have a blast blogging! Hizzy told me about this, btw. One other thing: I have anonymous comments allowed on my blog. Just a thought.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix