Monday, March 06, 2006

A long overdue blog entry.

Many, many wonderful things happening in the Quill Zone. Things to comment on as well. Let's get moving, shall we?

First, I'd like to promote and congratulate Nix - VISIT TOMB OF ANUBIS and read his reviews. If you think you know horror, well, you don't know as much as Nix. Check it out, it won't hurt, unless you want it to. (Hint for the intellect-impaired: he's the reviewer known as Nix Eclipse - don't pretend like you knew that. We all know you had to be told. It's okay...hehe.)

Why oh why do people around me keep rushing into the institution of marriage...? It's not like deciding where to eat dinner; it's a forever-life-altering choice. I've watched MOST of my friends rush in and crash and burn. Those that haven't crashed yet, are either doing so as we speak, or pretty likely to do so eventually. I'm not saying that those "meet and marry after two weeks and live happily ever after" don't happen - because they do - but 99.9999999999999991% of the time that's NOT how things pan out. Period. Just had to say that. And no, not for the reasons you think.

Tomorrow we get our DVD burner. Which means more pirating. Arrrrrr me mateys! So, pretty much, save your pennies and bring me DVD recordables; I am at your service, provided I get to copy from you as well...

Beaver got himself a job. I congratulate him on his success, even though it's not the job he likes or wants in the long run. Hang in there, bud...you'll make it. Doing the job searching thing unfortunately requires wading through some shit first (unless you get lucky early).

This next bit of news Nix is going to want to KILL me over. I won an Ebay auction for a quaint little flick called "Within The Woods". Yes. That's right, you heard me, Nix. Sam Raimi's short that is technically the "prequel" for Evil Dead. And yes, you will be getting a copy, along with the bonus DVD in the Friday box set.

Remember when I said the newest Friday the 13th flick was rumored to be due out this coming October? Yeah, well...that's probably not the case. BUT...they ARE making the next Friday flick for sure. And just as that hope for October went out the door, another came calling.

Gravity Kills is most likely going to be doing another reunion show, just like they did in 2005. I'm fucking there. I'd like to see more of you guys with us this time, as well. Beaver and Dave will tell you, it was one of the most fucking awesome shows in life. And that's not because I'm such a friggin' hardcore GK whore, either.

Job's going great; I've learned tons more at Kozeny-Wagner than I did in my entire year at LaClair, and I might have some grand opportunities thrown my way very soon. I wish there was a way to omit the "suck" from success, because things are so devoid of suck in my life right now that it's not even funny! (That was a joke; ya know, ha-ha, hold your belly, slap your knee...? No? You're no fun anymore...lighten up, Cletus!...)

Obsession is not a good thing. Some people need serious help. Seriously.

Like conspiracy theories? Yeah, me neither - but these are interesting. Ever think it was strange how there's no evidence of a massive airplane wreckage at the Pentagon? Or that Bush might have known more about 9/11 than he lets on? I know, I know, sounds like a bunch of paranoid babble, but why don't you take a moment and check out what these links show you. I for one am not one to jump to conclusions, but...some of these points are pretty dead on. You'll see.

Wednesday nights is now "Guy's Pool Night", as dictated and organized by the Almighty Quill. Every Wednesday night, the Pink Galleon has free pool all night long. We congregate at the Butler Hill/Lemay Ferry location near Scott's condo complex. Good times. Mostly bad displays of horrible pool playing, with lots of friendly trash-talk. Beer. FREE*. Mix all that together, and you have what I like to call a "fun time".

*Free for pool; beer and/or food still costs. Dammit.

I still say the most extreme sport in the known world is Quadrapalegic Midget Fisting Boxing. Prove that wrong and I'll buy you any single item from the dollar menu at McDonald's.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even the most thought out marriage can have it's bumps and fail, so it's not really a matter of how long you are in consideration of the other, but how well you can grow together with that person. It's not that uncommon for a marriage to fail after 20 years of being together, anymore than it is for being 5 years together.

It does help when a couple is capable of communication, cause even the most waited and considered relationship will fail the moment communication breaks down. That can happen, though at any time.

Your right though, rushing into marriage is not a good plan for anyone. You are more likely unable to develop lines of communication if you only have a physical relationship in the first place. You may also learn how incompatable you are, if you gave it a bit of time before taking that walk down the aisle.

I've personally been with my spouse for over 7 years, and we are hitting more rough patches now, as the time goes by than we first did when we were only together a few years. I blame that on the fact that we both have communication ld's, and due to our lives over the years, have forgotton the way we were able to communicate. Just goes to show that marriage is no cake walk, and has to be constantly worked on, or it falls apart.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok >> LOL None of you seem to have a clue about marrige<< coming from some one who has been married 33 years.. So steve i think this makes me an AUTHORITY!!!!!i really don't know how u can even know that much << I mean u have hardly been married long enough to even give an opinion!!! wait until u have kids,, wait untill u have a kid that dies,, then u can comment on marriage and getting thru the rough stuff ,, for I hope you and Heather don't ever have to experience what i did,,,many problems stemmed from that one incident!!!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

I never claimed to be an expert on marriage. I simply said that I watch my friends/family members do THIS:

Hi. We met just a tiny while ago. Let's get married!

This is not a smart way to enter into a LIFE-LONG commitment.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix