Wednesday, November 03, 2004

...Echoes of a hope gone...

*EDIT* Kerry has conceded. There was no option; he was losing. Bush has been re-elected. The nightmare continues.

I got my CDs from BMG Music Club. Smile Empty Soul, Nickelback, Saliva, and 3 Doors Down. God I love getting new music. Not that I don’t love the music I already have, mind you.

This coming Monday is the Fear Factory concert. I believe Dave will still be going as well. I cannot wait. It will truly be a joy facing him in the pit.

I don’t know what else to say. My very good friend, Tom Hunt, from Springfield, had this to say about the election, and I agree with him completely (if, in fact, Bush won):

“The American people, having pretty well come out in support of pigfucker number one, deserve every shitty thing that happens to us over the next four years.

Bush voters, the blood of every person who dies in Iraq is on your hands.

Bush voters, every person who can't get health insurance and dies suffers because of you.

Bush voters, every person who has to get laid off and suffer due to recession is because of you.

Bush voters, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer because of you.

Bush voters, when we get attacked again--and it's a when, not an if--it's because of you.

Bush voters, every gay person who gets beaten up, who is the victim of hatred--that's because of you.

Bush voters, when your Social Security is gone, it's because of you.

I no longer have faith in my countrymen. In fact, I have the opposite. Democracy only works when we don't have a bunch of lobotomized sheep voters, and the fuckers who make up my fellow Americans have blown any faith I had in them.

Frankly, we deserve every shitty thing that happens to the American people over the next four years. We deserve it because we have chosen a group of leaders who consistently lie and deceive us. We deserve it because we have chosen a group of leaders who decide first and then find reasons later.

I love America, but I hate being part of a nation of people who don't really understand what that means. We're willing to give our liberties away for safety, when our founding fathers told us not to.

It's another four years of shit, folks. Another four years where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and no one does anything to change things.

We deserve our polluted oceans and land. We deserve it all, because we have chosen Bush.” – Tom Hunt

I am largely a fair and reasonable person. I fully believe that a person has the right to vote as he/she pleases. However, I share Tom’s attitude in this matter regardless. Fuck you, to anyone who voted for George W. Bush. Fuck you, for dooming our nation to another four years of misery. Fuck you people, for voting for the WORST leader we’ve EVER had. In short, to ANYONE who voted for Bush: Fuck you. I mean that in THE MOST personal way; and I’m NOT sorry for saying it at all. FUCK YOU. And yes, I mean that to everyone that voted for Bush. Everyone. Fuck the living shit out of each and every single one of you. I don't care if you're my friend, enemy, or stranger on the street. I mean it.

To ALL Bush voters:

The blood of all the soliders in Iraq; the innocent people to be killed with more ‘pre-emptive’ strikes; it’s on YOUR hands.

When decent people like Shark, and Pheonix’s husband are sent away to war to DIE for the wrong reasons when they didn’t have to; I blame YOU. That’s YOUR fault.

The next person to blow their life savings on medicine or an operation; the next person to die of disease or injury because they couldn’t pay; is YOUR fault.

The next gay person to be a victim of a hate crime, or hatred in general; the misery of couples who now must continue to struggle; is YOUR fault.

When our Freedom of Speech disappears; it’s YOUR fault.

The next person that can’t find a job; gets laid off and can’t find other work because of our job market; that’s YOUR fault.

The next batch of jobs that are outsourced overseas and replaced with lower paying jobs for our citizens; that’s YOUR fault.

Thousands of people who are now denied the right to choose with abortion; that’s YOUR fault.

When middle-class individuals have to tighten their belts so much that they can’t even breathe to make ends meet; that’s YOUR fault.

When most of our “great new jobs” only pay the frozen-in-place minimum wage of $5.15 per hour; that’s YOUR fault.

The next time a person dies or succumbs to spinal injuries, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, cancer; when people in YOUR OWN FAMILIES – your friends, your loved ones, even your spouse – are diagnosed with these ailments and afflictions and there IS NO CURE available to save them, to help them; that’s YOUR fault.

When there is no Social Security left for you or I when we are older; that’s YOUR fault.

The “moral” man that you’ve elected and chosen is leading this country to ruin. For all his morality, for all his compassion for people, he’s nevertheless lacking in the intelligence and judgment that should be required of our leader. Yet you elected him anyway.

Four more years of a horrible economy. Four more years of civil rights being trampled on. Four more years of right wing, conservative oppression for gays, women, and minorities. Four more years of struggling for the lower and middle classes. Four more years of further decline for our healthcare system. Four more years of money being stolen from Social Security, money that is supposed to go to help the elderly. Four more years of wars which cause the rest of the world to hate us. Four more years of soldiers dying unnecessarily; men and women with families, men and women with children. Four more years of the worst decisions defended as being right and justified. Four more years of the richest people in our country living like kings, while the rest of us struggle and suffer. Four more years and beyond without cures for several diseases, due to bans on Stem Cell research; in fact, four more years of good, decent people suffering when there could easily be hope for them, a cure for them.

When all these things take place and more, you’ll complain about them. You’ll complain about them and you’ll see.

“Steve, you just don’t know when to quit, do you? You’re completely wrong about all that, or at least partially wrong.”

Yeah? You’ll see.

In my political posts in the past, I’ve ended several times with “God bless America.” Now I say:

God save America.

Quilled Tunes: “Silhouettes” – Smile Empty Soul

3 Comments:

Blogger NixEclips said...

Well, here we go.
On the road to WWIII.
Hope everyone enjoys the ride.

Nix says: I feel sick.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Quilled One said...

What can we do but watch? I'm sorry...that is the wrong attitude. I did something other than watch; I used my voice, my eloquence with debating, to hit every forum and chat I could. I also used my vote, for John Kerry, for a better tomorrow that never came. Even though Bush won anyway, I still made tons of difference by snagging votes for Kerry. I would do it again a thousand times over. No; a trillion times over.

Now, we have Bush again for four years. We must survive this. If for no other reason than to spite the hypocrisy and the stupidity of this administration. I understand your defeated view at this point; but to give up means you might as well not even care about anything anymore. You have a son, who now has four years of growing to do in this presidency. It is up to YOU to guide him and take care of him, and to protect him.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First i have to say that people you know and love and care about are Bush supporters. Practically everyone i work with voted for him. While i dont support him at all i am not going fuck anyone. Its not worth losing family and friends over someone's political view. you dont have to agree with their views but please dont risk losing a relationship over politics.

Secondly, i love what Tom said. It is very true and i am very disappointed in how this election turned out. (Steve i like what you said too but it was pretty much the same as Tom's. Just worded a little different so i am going to give the credit to Tom.)

Heather

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quilled BONUS Quote:

The Quilled Matrix