Monday, November 01, 2004

...Halloween recap/fall-out...

Well, the Halloween party was awesome, save for a few minor, minor issues (there always has to be something with this group). Heather drank everyone under the table (as was expected). To be honest, I was shocked she was able to stand on her own. Some highlights:

1) Jason Gyrog came as Jesus Christ. A lot of Jesus jokes were made.
2) Scott was actually tired and left early, which is something that happens once every millennium.
3) Nix and Hizzy had private talks with several people over the course of the night, requesting that everyone go away that came around during. They sure like to have talks, even more so than Dave.
4) Dave showed up after Heather and I left the party. There was drama, and for once, it wasn’t Dave’s fault.

Let me elaborate on that last highlight: It is true, from all accounts, that Dave has a problem with Nix and Hizzy being together. Yes, it’s also true that Dave really doesn’t have the right to be pissed or bitch. However, Nix and Hizzy were the ones that broached the subject Saturday night/Sunday morning. Bad idea. That, of course, got Dave started talking about the matter. Without me being there to talk to him, as I had wanted to and as I had TOLD them to let me do. Therefore, Nix and Hizzy instigated the entire argument on Saturday/Sunday. I know this for a solid fact, because Hizzy was the one who told me that they started the talk about it, to “get it out of the way.”

Funny thing, I heard that it’s believed that I ‘left Nix hanging’ for when Dave got there. Excuse me; my psychic powers that tell me that Dave is coming must be broken. Had I been there, I would have gladly talked to Dave, but I wasn’t. It’s not like I knew Dave was going to be there (hell, it was 2:00 a.m. when we left) since it was so late, and left just to abandon Nix and Hizzy. ‘It’s all your fault, Quill.’ That’s really getting old…

I read this article; it’s about this little girl who has a genetic disorder that prevents her from feeling any pain. I’m thinking something similar to this might explain Corey’s reduced sensitivity to pain…
  • Girl With Rare Disease Doesn’t Know Pain


  • Dimitro responded to Friday’s blog. He has a problem with the power trip comment. Oh well. I call it as I see it.

    Tomorrow is November 2nd. It is the day when we discover who our president will be for the next four years. I have done all I can do to help the cause of our nation. I’ve posted on the Council, I’ve posted here, I’ve posted on blogs created just on the off-chance that someone might read and be enlightened, I’ve posted on political forums…now, the hour of truth is upon us. I have my all-black outfit all ready to go in the event that Bush is re-elected. I could go on and on about why, but the simple truth is: he’s the worst president this country has ever had. No one can convince me otherwise, and no one can prove otherwise, because they CAN'T disprove that statement. It has to be John Kerry. It has to be. I have avoided saying what I’m about to say just because I felt it a little harsh, but…if any one of you is voting for Bush, you’re responsible for the next unnecessary death of a solider. You’re responsible for more people losing their healthcare. You’re responsible for more jobs being taken from our citizens, and replaced by jobs with less pay and no benefits. You’re responsible for the demise of freedom of speech. You’re responsible for the innocents slaughtered with Bush’s next pre-emptive strike. You're responsible for the next person that has to struggle to make ends meet, to even FIND decent work. You’re responsible for letting this man continue to out-right ruin the United States of America. Yeah, I know, that’s a really ballsy and harsh statement for me to make. But it’s what I believe. I’m not going to hate anyone who votes for Bush; but I WILL believe what I just said, and I will stand by it.
    Make America great again. Vote John Kerry.

    Quilled Tunes: “Maybe Tomorrow” – Mesh-STL

    Quote of the Blog: “If you share my conviction that we can not go on as we are that we can make America stronger and safer than it is then November 2 is your chance to speak and to be heard. It is not a question of staying the course, but of changing the course.

    I'm convinced that with the right leadership, we can create a fresh start and move more effectively to accomplish our goals. Our troops have served with extraordinary courage and commitment. For their sake, and America's sake, we must get this right. We must do everything in our power to complete the mission and make America stronger at home and respected again in the world.” – John Kerry

    2 Comments:

    Blogger NixEclips said...

    And by the way...
    I question who drank who under what.
    I was still going strong at 4 in the morning.
    So, nyah nyah nyah.
    pffbbbbbbb!!!
    And poopie.

    Nix says: It's only a wallabee.

    10:29 AM  
    Blogger Quilled One said...

    Dude...I admit that you could take me hands-down in drinking; I only have the ability to hang fairly well on my best day. But no one takes more alcohol than Heather. Period. Just one of those jello shots has more alcohol in it than a can of Miller OR Bud Light...

    1:30 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Quilled BONUS Quote:

    The Quilled Matrix